Janet Yellen explains how she unwittingly ate a "delicious dish" of magic mushrooms on a recent trip (video)

Originally published at: Janet Yellen explains how she unwittingly ate a "delicious dish" of magic mushrooms on a recent trip (video) | Boing Boing

3 Likes

My friend told me that cooking with them attenuates the effects. But helps the taste.

I never had any problem with the taste.

7 Likes

What happens when an economist, of all people, suddenly has a psychedelic revelation that we are all interconnected and dependant on each other as people, not soulless economic actors?

Could they still be an economist? Is this what happened to Robert Reich? (Not a dis on him, that man has more humanity and empathy than you can shake a stick at)

13 Likes

Some mushrooms which are, as they say in the mushroom foraging world, “eaten in Russia”, may need to be boiled first and dried to avoid tripping balls. I know, why would you want to avoid tripping balls? Well fly agaric are supposed to be a touch rough when taken raw for a trip but very tasty after being boiled and fried in butter. I’ve never had them personally. Either way.

6 Likes

This story sounds like a madlib. It occurs to me that down the road, to describe a non sequitur filled story, they’ll instead describe it as written by an early AI.

2 Likes

7 Likes

I have never thought of them as anything remotely resembling delicious. Can we get that restaurant’s recipe?

2 Likes

Certainly can’t be worse than the alternative…

2 Likes

The ones I’ve had tasted nasty. An acquired taste, perhaps?

“I was not aware that these mushrooms had hallucinogenic properties” - nice gonna use that

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing,
is she suddenly going to develop some empathy for human-kind?

Robert Reich is a frequent poster on Mastodon (and possibly still Twitter and other clones?) so… probably?

Also it was the Clinton administration. Things were paradoxically weird in the 90s.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.