Japanese convenience stores introduce hot bottled water

Originally published at: Japanese convenience stores introduce hot bottled water | Boing Boing

5 Likes

This is my go to for my hot bottled water.
(I have been using this same bottle for 25+ years.)

14 Likes

I have the same! And a wide-mouth version for soups and stews. Both are over 20 years old, still going strong.

7 Likes

Just by turning off the freezer right?

Magic! Lower power bills.

1 Like

Hot water?

“Damn, honey, you got some ‘O’ to go with all that ‘H’?”

OH oh, TEMPERATURE hot. I get it now.

1 Like

Oh sure. Will the AI in the bottle just know my wishes, or will I have to say “Siri, hot!” or “Siri, cold!” ?

Just the thing to take along in my flying car. /s

4 Likes

hot water has been gaining in polarity

positive or negative?
north or south?
repuglican or democrat?

3 Likes

… but more than enough of the plastic ended up in the water when it wasn’t heated on purpose :confused:

2 Likes
6 Likes

mmm, hot wet now to go.

Thinking about adding the Stanley hipflask for good measure

7 Likes

Oooh, them’s the goods.
I have 2 of the tall ones and one green wide-mouth one. Back when I was doing construction year-round in New England, they really elevated my work experience. Such a treat to have some hot soup at lunch and still enjoy a hot cuppa from the other thermos at the afternoon break.
Probably good I didn’t know they also made a hip flask back then, though :smirk:

2 Likes

One of the few Frauenfelder-clickthrough-to-Amazons that I’ve done was buying a 2 qt Stanley, which I use exclusively for cold water on hot day hikes. My 1 qt is exclusively for hot tea. And this little guy?

I never tested its heat-retaining qualities but I prefer room temp for those kinds of liquids anyway :grin:

4 Likes

That’s the one. Any good?

2 Likes

I can’t say I’ve gone through a lot of flasks in my life, but I like this one. A lot of flasks… I don’t really understand the curved concept. Those things are still big for pants pockets and/or my pockets are already called for, so the vessel’s ends up in the backpack or jacket pocket. The shape makes sense, spout off to the side with a wider mouth and an 8 oz size for that extra mile.

3 Likes

Hot water’s actually pretty good if you just add a little honey, and a lot of bourbon

7 Likes

For many Westerners, the idea of drinking plain hot water is odd. But most Chinese (among others) think Americans’ habit of chugging ice water is equally bizarre, and even unhealthy.

I don’t drink hot water, but I also think America’s obsession with ice in their drinks is bizarre

1 Like

Add a squeeze of lemon and you’ve cured the common cold!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.