Japanese robot die always rolls a six

[Read the post]

2 Likes

Even cooler if you had two. I want some!

2 Likes

Step 2: make it programmable, so you can specify “roll this sequence of numbers.”

2 Likes

It doesn’t look like that’s possible. It appears to work by unfolding itself, at which point when it refolds itself it has the six on top, and it will always be the six because of how its constructed.

1 Like

It would be really fun to make such a die with a little ‘kicker’ inside it that would cause it to roll itself over until the desired number was up. Had I any interest in gambling, I’d do that.

2 Likes

I don’t think you could use that for gambling.

Next step: create a D20 that always rolls 20

3 Likes

What about a die with a little display on each side, and reconfigure the shown numbers after it comes to rest?

…better, even - couple it with some cameras around the table, and have a system where the die shows superposition of all the numbers on each side, and only when it is detected that somebody is looking at it it pauses at a random number. Quantum die FTW!

1 Like

That thing is so slow…

How long do you have to wait before you can declare a die has stopped rolling? One second? Two seconds?

iacta alea est.

2 Likes

Can’t they make it reconfigure faster? I don’t think I can distract the croupier that long.

1 Like

It looks like a scary bomb. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Wanna bet?

2 Likes

Really? It looks like it was assembled.

How about a pair of dice made out the same paperwhite screens as a Kindle. You could literally do anything you wanted … until someone else picks up the dice.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.