Japan's smallest hotel room: A cramped stay for two

Originally published at: Japan's smallest hotel room: A cramped stay for two - Boing Boing

8 Likes

It’s a bit more room and a bit less claustrophobic than a capsule hotel, at about the same price. If you were on your own and all you needed was a place to sleep, then it’s not a bad offer, really.

13 Likes

Or one of a pair who doesn’t mind being cozy and all you need is a place to sleep and clean up, it would work well. It looks clean, has a/c and baths. Could even be great if it was close to a train station.

13 Likes

Just double checking…

Does it have air conditioning?

11 Likes

My first night in Tokyo I stayed at a fairly cheap hotel a few minutes south of this place. The door to the room was 10cm shorter than me, and it was a strained conversation with reception trying to explain why I wanted a double bed instead of a single when there was only one person. It was a small room but it was nice (and a great trip overall)

5 Likes

Ooh, thanks for the recommendation. I might want to stay there the next time I have an early morning flight out of Haneda. (It’s still a bit far from Haneda, but it’s close enough to earn me an extra 30 minutes of sleep compared to where I live.)

Capsule hotels are too cramped if you have luggage, but this looks just about right.

5 Likes

OMG So very no. tophat-biggrin I’m not claustrophobic, but might well be after spending a night, even alone, in a space like that.

Capsule hotels scare hell outta me
jaw

They’re obviously cheap and V useful for those who can handle it, tho.

3 Likes

Really the room itself looks a lot larger than what i was imagining from the description. The futons look short (I’m 1.94m tall), but as far as width goes I would have no difficulty sharing a pair of them with any of my friends or partners.

4 Likes

7 Likes

So, it’s a youth hostel-like room, at a youth hostel-like price…
What’s the story here?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.