Jared Kushner loses access to top secret intelligence

It feels obvious, that it’s been long enough, that none of the people still on temporary clearances were able to pass for an actual clearance.

My guess is the FBI came back with issues, the Whitehouse didn’t care about the issue. So, they couldn’t get actual clearances because of the issue and the Whitehouse plan was to just continue on the temporary one forever. It’s only the news story that’s making them change plans.

Just like when the president can declassify something even if there are objections. He can just ignore the issue.

5 Likes

It has only been a bit over a year. OPM clearance investigations can drag on for two years in some cases. Granted, they usually only take about a year but it is not unheard of for them to drag on longer.

4 Likes

I’m surprised that Trump hasn’t taken a picture of some TS document and put it on twitter yet.

11 Likes

Yay. Something that should have happened on day one, i.e. he never should have had security clearance, happened on day 403. And there was much rejoicing. Yay.

5 Likes

But he still gets to keep his secret decoder ring.

Gonna be hard to pressure those foreign banks, investors and sovereign wealth funds for loans to meet the refi deadline on 666 Fifth Ave without the dirt in those intelligence reports.

12 Likes

Shocked.

Because of course.

Officials in at least four countries have privately discussed ways they can manipulate Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser, by taking advantage of his complex business arrangements, financial difficulties and lack of foreign policy experience, according to current and former U.S. officials familiar with intelligence reports on the matter.

Among those nations discussing ways to influence Kushner to their advantage were the United Arab Emirates, China, Israel and Mexico, the current and former officials said.

15 Likes

Sadly whatever he knows from being exposed to top secret information stays with him. I’m not sure he’s a peddler in state secrets but I’m just going to state that it wouldn’t surprise me that he’d turn traitor to get a buck.

11 Likes

I just saw this. I can’t believe that he still has a Secret level clearance given this kind of information.

"H.R. McMaster, President Trump’s national security adviser, learned that Kushner had contacts with foreign officials that he did not coordinate through the National Security Council or officially report. "

WTF? et tu *Ivanka?

*According to Politico both Jared and Ivanka now have to go thru Kelly now implying that perhaps Ivanka has lost her clearance as well.

12 Likes

tenor

8 Likes

Psst… he’s a crook.

6 Likes

Considering 45 probably couldn’t get clearance for the keys to the employee restroom if he weren’t president, I’m not surprised there are some special exemptions.

8 Likes

Asked and answered.

ALL of Obama’s team secured clearances before inauguration - they started the process well before the election in case they won.
Up to 2-years is normal-ish for ‘normal’ positions (as normal as any position which requires TS can be), but can be, and is, expedited for WH staff.

Don’t blame OPM for this cluster.

13 Likes

He doesn’t need to - he just tells the Russians directly.

I wonder how many other secrets and sources Kushner et al will be letting slip over the next months and years.

9 Likes

What difference does it make, Trump himself still has access to the most sensitive intelligence info, and you know he would just blab it to anyone like he was showing off to kids in the schoolyard.

9 Likes

Yes but now it will be a crime

2 Likes

No argument that Trump’s team also dropped the ball here, although to be fair they didn’t have a reasonable expectation of winning. Also, Trump’s tardiness with nominating people for his staff exacerbated the situation.

3 Likes

“King Crab Temptress”

Good line for a song…

5 Likes

Aww man, but I was really looking forward to him securing peace in the middle east! How’s he going to do that now?

5 Likes

Mr. Kushner, please look this direction. Routine government employee vision test…

15 Likes

A black man talking about government health care? Probably not the best cover story in this case.

8 Likes