Jared Kushner suggests Israel remove Palestinians from Gaza

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/19/jared-kushner-suggests-israel-remove-palestinians-from-gaza.html

17 Likes

“…not the people who are actually there, of course. I mean real people.”

A final solution, one might say.

55 Likes

People even doesn’t blush these days…

season 4 krusty towers GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

15 Likes

Aaand there it is.

Was this also part of the peace plan he came up with during the Trump administration?

29 Likes

Edited for transparency.

20 Likes

are you fucking shitting me?!?

19 Likes

Definitely a NY real estate developer’s view of nation building: Get rid of the “undesirables”, bulldoze the “slums” and build ritzy waterfront properties for a tidy profit. Gentrification crossed with genocide. Can I trademark the word Genocidrification?

31 Likes

I’m sure the barbed wire fencing and guard towers would be of the finest manufacture. And totally halal gruel.

Angry Fuck Me GIF

13 Likes

Peace is easy when one side is dead. :roll_eyes:

Think About It GIF by Identity

20 Likes

It’s also in violation of international law and would unambiguously be a war crime. Did the interviewer bring this up at all?

26 Likes

To borrow a line from Jared Kushner, this is a super bad idea.

6 Likes

More info on the legal status of an action like this.

13 Likes

Unfortunately the video clips and the quoted excerpts didn’t show much of Professor Masoud’s side of the conversation so it’s hard to tell how much he pushed back.

He didn’t seem to be on board with Kushner’s proposals but he definitely seemed to be taking the “cool headed impartial moderator” approach over the “calling out bad people for explicit war crimes” approach.

12 Likes

You can be an impartial moderator and still call someone out when they propose a crime against humanity. I’m so tired of the media thinking fair and balanced includes not challenging people.

27 Likes

From what I can find on Masoud he’s one of those ivy league academics who has built his career around creating “civil discourse” over issues relating to the Middle East. But it’s sickening watching calls for collective punishment and literal genocide being treated like just another set of ideas to debate.

15 Likes

Them: We want genocide.
Us: We don’t want genocide.

“Unbiased” Media: Both sides make good points. Let’s compromise and just do a little bit of genocide.

23 Likes

Except it’s:

Them: We want more genocide.

12 Likes

Did he remembered to talk to the Egyptians about such a great idea?

ETA.

The Negev desert is in Israel. I mistook it for The Sinai. But I think a lot of people would resist and some will try to flee to Egypt anyway.

5 Likes

More of “we don’t want genocide, but we’d be happy if they were all imprisoned or dead”

2 Likes

Peace is easy when one side is dead.

I read that as “PENCE is easy when one side is dead”. Which was Trump’s plan on January 6, if I’m not mistaken.

4 Likes