Jared Kushner suggests Israel remove Palestinians from Gaza

Obligs

10 Likes

No doubt some foreign interests are propping Kushner’s line of thinking here - lining pockets all the way.

I mean - who wouldn’t want to live in the Negev Desert? It’s just like Palm Springs amirite? /heavy S

9 Likes

He is certainly channeling the Orange Butthole. Next he’ll say the “unfortunate situation” in Nazi Germany "could have been negotiated, to be honest with you. I think you could have negotiated that. All the people died. So many people died.”

7 Likes

Probably Imitation Gruel and Malk (ala Kamp Krusty in The Simpsons).

2 Likes

According to wikipedia at least, 630,000 people already live in the Negev Desert, so…?

5 Likes

We have all heard Trump talk about how he would put an end to the war in Ukraine in days, and I think we can be pretty sure his idea is insisting the Ukrainians surrender to the fascists.

16 Likes

Yes.

“He will not give a penny in the Ukraine-Russia war,” Orbán told state media in Hungary on Sunday. “Therefore, the war will end, because it is obvious that Ukraine cannot stand on its own feet.”

9 Likes

I.e. ‘We don’t want “genocide.” What we want is [genocide].
But we’ve also got plenty of people (certainly in the US) saying, “Gaza? We should kill all of them.

“We should put half of each kitten in the blender. Centrism!”

11 Likes

According to wikipedia at least, 630,000 people already live in the Negev Desert, so…?

Yeah - that’s in the northern area and mostly in the Beersheba area.

The rest is very very sparsely populated for obvious reasons (incl nuclear waste dump sites and whatnot). It does look amazing to visit though.

1 Like

I think it included keeping some Palestinians around to work in Israeli owned factories for low wages…

12 Likes

He also proposed relocating civilians from Gaza to the Negev desert in southern Israel[…]Gaza’s waterfront property could be very valuable.

Reading this the first thing I thought of was the “relocation” of Native Americans to reservations on supposedly worthless land. Subject to revision if the land suddenly became worth something (oil, uranium). It’s not just ethnic cleansing, it’s capitalism in its purest form.

13 Likes

Imperialism! (Or The Aristocrats if you prefer)

5 Likes

Agreed. The quote I pulled from, he was actually babbling about the Civil War. It could pretty much apply to anything since he’s such a great negotiator and he would’ve defeated the Viet Cong all by himself if it weren’t for his bonespurs.

/s

6 Likes

It would suck if you carried out a whole ethnic cleansing in the interests of real-estate profiteering, only to find out that your desirable beachfront was littered with tens of thousands of tons of rubble and a shitload of unexploded munitions.

But maybe part of the plan is to have the surviving Palestinians do UXO clearance before they’re packed off to the Negev. Makes economic sense, when you think about it.

7 Likes

And all those bodies buried in tunnels under multimillion shekel condos.

This is truly a demented and evil notion and on par with Kushner the slum lord.

7 Likes

I might also like to see some gentricide. /s?

6 Likes

With thoughts toward the US (it being Israel’s biggest benefactor), Israel could make the action more broadly, let’s say, palatable by giving it an air of romance, of good ol’ westward ho! American vigor and enterprise by officially naming the action Manifest Destiny. That would stir the hearts of half of Congress… and their investment advisors.

2 Likes

… “temporarily,” or as newly minted Israeli citizens?

Gee, let me guess :roll_eyes:

4 Likes
8 Likes

You just need to steal some water to make the desert bloom.

5 Likes