Jeb Bush tweets picture of engraved gun with the title "America"

[Read the post]

1 Like

Via Mashable.

38 Likes

I know having a bullet with your name on it is a bad thing. I donā€™t know what this means.

15 Likes

Wow. Jeb! just blew my expectations for election-cycle pathos output clear into earth orbit. Iā€™d say readings in the .8 kicked puppy range.

This sort of thing might have approached the approximate vicinity of ā€˜amusingā€™ if it were accompanied by the right political persona(say, Arnold Schwarzenegger having a .50 AE Desert Eagle engraved with ā€˜The Governatorā€™); but Jeb has always been the allegedly-the-slightly-smarter-brother-of-the-fake-cowboy-actually-from-Connecticut. Who does he think heā€™s fooling here?

9 Likes

Hey, I have one of those, only in stainless and 9mm. Fabrique National FNX. It fancy because itā€™s in French. (Though Belgian Company. Used to make bicycles.)

I donā€™t have my name on it.

8 Likes

Means youā€™re desperate as holy shit to appeal to psychopaths.

7 Likes

ā€œHereā€™s my gun. Please applaudā€¦ Pleaseā€¦ Justā€¦ Just clap for my gunā€¦ Iā€™m real proud of it. Pleaseā€¦ Justā€¦ Please applaud.ā€

9 Likes

Canā€™t wait 'til he sends out a pic of his tattā€¦

17 Likes

Am I seeing this wrong or is the safety off?

Iā€™m certainly no authority on firearms but I thought youā€™re only supposed to put the safety switch in the ā€œdownā€ position with the little red dot showing when youā€™re about to put a bullet in something.

ETA: @Mister44, since youā€™ve got one of these can you confirm one way or another?

1 Like

I do find it funny that heā€™s tweeting ā€œAmericaā€ about a Belgian gun. I guess thereā€™s a factory in SC?

20 Likes

Yes it is off - but the hammer is down - that is decocked AND it is empty. How do you know that? The FNX has a neat little loaded chamber indicator. The tip of the extractor will poke out with a red dot if it was loaded.

(Rule #1 kids, treat all guns as if they are loaded, always point in a safe direction, always check if it is loaded when you pick it up.)

So no, not violating safety rules, as one doesnā€™t generally keep an unloaded gun on safety, and many guns canā€™t be put on safety unless cocked (e.g. the 1911 and AR-15)

20 Likes

ā€œPlease give me the CLAPā€

3 Likes

In a CLEVER METAPHOR FOR JEBā€™S CAMPAIGN.

Eh? Eh?

43 Likes

Wanna buy a vowel?

1 Like
1 Like

Yes. They also are the main makers of the SAW machine gun for the army, and with Colt make most of he M4s they military uses. Yes they have a factory in the US and most of the guns sold in the US are made here.

Also, they were the arms of choice for Stargate Command.

11 Likes

If I ever move back to the US Iā€™ll be purchasing some nice firearms and maybe get parts of Psalm 137 engraved on em. Especially the end of that Psalm.

2 Likes
3 Likes

ā€œAnd then I was all ā€˜BANG BANG,ā€™ and ISIS were all like ā€˜Holy shit!ā€™ā€

21 Likes
16 Likes