Kentucky congressman posts dumb holiday photo of family showing off their big guns, just days after the Michigan high school shooting

Originally published at: Kentucky congressman posts dumb holiday photo of family showing off their big guns, just days after the Michigan high school shooting | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Bobby Moynihan No GIF by Saturday Night Live

25 Likes

Nothing says “Peace on Earth” like a family fondling tools of death.

46 Likes

Oh, they revel in cruelty and find delights in perl-clutching at the same time. Pretty sick stuff.

19 Likes

I am not a gun person at all, but I’ve been told by someone who knows that at least 3 of those guns require a “Federal Class III Firearms Dealer’s License and a $200 tax stamp per weapon (per year).”

I am inclined to wonder if any of those people have such a license and/or have paid that tax stamp annually. Further, I am hopeful that at least someone in the law enforcement world is also wondering the same thing.

24 Likes

Let the shooping begin. . . .

Gives a whole new meaning to “insensitive asshole.”

47 Likes

I wish them a red and green Christmas wherein the red will be only their own… and no one else’s.

1 Like

i mean… the term “tone deaf” isn’t even strong enough for this photo.

14 Likes

What’s scary is how many people will find that version more offensive than the original. I could probably throw a dildo and hit at least a dozen or so.

People who would be offended, that is.

32 Likes

99% sure that they are posing with someone else’s weapons to make a statement and few if any of those guns are their own. Also 99% sure it’s the kid in the striped shirt who we should be watching out for.

Just saying.

8 Likes

Rep. Thomas Massie:

22 Likes

Once again, for the Republican party, being an insensitive asshole is a selling point.

12 Likes

"I see a vacant seat,’ replied the Ghost, “in the poor G.O.P. chimney-corner, a seat without an owner, carefully preserved. If these shadows remain unaltered by the Future, the Party will die.”

5 Likes

That’s a lot of blasting power.

2 Likes

You’d think with 5 kids odds would dictate that at least one would have said “Absolutely not. Ya’ll are sick and depraved.”

2 Likes

Sneak this under their tree this year.

PurgeAll

2 Likes

Isn’t there an inverse square law concerning the size of a firearm and the size of the owner’s dick?

3 Likes

What better way to celebrate the birth of our lord and savior …

8 Likes

I get the point of these comments, but in a world where transphobia is not exactly disappearing the way it should, linking personality to genitals seems less than ideal.

14 Likes

What on earth is that thing the congressman is holding?! Looks like something a colonial marine would carry in ALIENS.

3 Likes