Jeff Sessions officially sends memo asking prosecutors to give drug dealers death penalty

That racist little amnesiac house elf can go fuck himself with a rusty saw.

8 Likes

I imagine John Oliver is scrambling right about now to put a new piece together.

6 Likes

Funny - seems like Sessions is sending a mixed message.

5 Likes

Also, I believe it would have to be tried as a federal crime. Most drug arrests are made by local and state authorities rather than federal.

3 Likes

You’d think that, if you can prove those offences, you’d have them at least in prison for life using existing laws.

When it comes to capital punishment, I trust Gandalf:

“Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise cannot see all ends.” ― J.R.R. Tolkien

17 Likes

After watching Kill the Messenger, I have no doubt that this policy would be very selective in its execution.

6 Likes

You can thank Bill Clinton for that bit of bastardry.

9 Likes

Which would seem to mean that Trump and Sessions could seek the death penalty in the case of a state authorized recreational or medical marijuana growing operation or dispensary, as marijuana is still illegal and considered a drug with no legitimate uses under DEA policy.

9 Likes

Jeff Secessions

1 Like

8 Likes

Or a gram of a substance containing a detectable level of lsd.

1 Like

Does that include all those doctors over prescribing opioids?

3 Likes

Can we throw in the Sacklers, Purdue Pharma, and doctors who over-prescribe?

edit: Great. All I had to do was look up 1 inch before posting. @Chris_Nelson

4 Likes

Why aren’t these people in jail? And why does the FDA let them get away with it?

4 Likes

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

5 Likes

via Imgflip Meme Generator

5 Likes

including the execution of people "dealing in extremely large quantity of drugs.

For instance, two seeds that might be cannabis and 30 mg of pseudoephedrine.

Ya know, I’m all for getting rid of the death penalty. But only after the present administration is dealt with. In which case I say, go with the guillotine.

1 Like

Trump: Go full Duterte. I like Duterte.
Sessions: Yessir.

1 Like