Jeffrey Epstein: Why won't Prince Andrew respond to SDNY and FBI interview requests?

I am of the opinion that he was definitely participating in horrible sex trafficking and deserves to held accountable. But remember: no one should EVER voluntarily cooperate with a police investigation of you. Whether you’re guilty, innocent, or anything in between, there is NOTHING to gain by sitting down for an “interview” with police seeking to find evidence that you’ve done something wrong.

We can all agree that he’s a piece of shit, but the mindset of if he’s so innocent why doesn’t he clear his name by participating in the investigation? is what law enforcement wants us to embrace.

3 Likes

In 2002, the Princess Royal, Princess Anne was fined £500 and made to pay compensation after pleading guilty to a charge of one of her dogs attacking children.
She was the first member of the royal family to plead guilty to a criminal offence.
The year before this, Anne was also fined £400 for speeding in her Bentley after admitting driving at 93mph in a 70mph zone in Gloucestershire.

1 Like

Hence, Epstein’s strange ending.

The original article was discussing that you should not cooperate with police, especially without a lawyer present. That’s not the same thing as people who are extremely wealthy and powerful having immunity from the law, which is what this phrase:

Literally means, and what is shielding him not only from prosecution, but from having to even be charged or asked to answer questions on a crime, that has actual victims.

3 Likes

I agree with that, and never said otherwise. Voluntarily cooperating is not the same thing as hiding from police.

3 Likes

If he’s not legally required to testify or have his lawyers respond, I’m not sure I follow the difference. In any event, glad to see you’re not subscribing to the narrative a lot of others are.

3 Likes

Well, if they’re going to arrest you, you admit no guilt, say nothing, ask for a lawyer, etc. You don’t refuse to even be in the same room or go on the run to avoid being arrested, or hide behind your mother’s crown, etc. There is a huge difference, I’d argue.

5 Likes

I wasn’t aware he was “on the run” to avoid arrest, or even that any warrant has been issued, so I may not be aware of all the facts.

But, yeah, you should avoid being in the same room with the people trying to prove you committed a crime unless and until you are legally required to do so, and only then say nothing with your lawyer present. There is literally no benefit to you, guilty or innocent, and it just opens doors you don’t want opened.

3 Likes

I have to say that I am struggling with this only on a meta-college-philosophical level.

So I am going to stop because that isn’t what this post is about … thank you MindySan33 for helping me get over wanting to be clever on a topic that deserves more.

2 Likes

Once again, folks, it’s clear that Prince Andrew has information on RAPES OF YOUNG WOMEN… There have been request to have him share what he knows with authorities. It seems as if he’s completely refused to cooperate, not even in the form of having a lawyer saying he will not cooperate. If this were ANY of us, we’d be sitting our asses in jail, but Andrew is now already back to normal and will likely never have to talk to anyone about what he knows.

Should he cooperate with police? No. Does that mean he should never have to talk to them with a lawyer present (even if that’s “no comment”, etc) or should not be brought up on chargers, where he will then be compelled to testify on his behalf? No.

Will ANY SINGLE PERSON HERE ever get the same consideration that Prince Andrew is getting for a high profile child rape case? Fuck no. In a very real sense, this is apples and oranges, because people with blue blood or oodles of money get very different treatment, and can afford to actually talk to the police in a way that WE can not. Prince Andrew does not have to worry about what he says to the investigators on this case, because they will NEVER get that far.

The women who had their lives ruined by Epstein and the men accused of taking advantages of his services will never get justice, because if you are not like Prince Andrew, Epstein, or Alan Dershowitz (who is AS WE SPEAK, on the floor of the senate arguing for President Trump), you rarely have to answer for your crimes.

This is really a far cry from being part of the working poor and being accused of a crime, and then not being able to afford a lawyer, so cooperating becomes more appealing to get this shit over with.

Okay?

9 Likes

yup. if i get to the point where i have to look at the title of the topic to remind myself what I’m asking questions about … perhaps it is time to stop and just read.

3 Likes

The thing here is that it is merely a request to interview him so he is not compelled to answer. The optics definitely look bad for him but if he doesn’t have to answer then law enforcement needs to find a way where they can make it to where he needs to talk or officially decline to do so.

1 Like

He’s not a diplomat and has no immunity.

How about an extradition swapsie - Prince Andrew for Anne Sacoolas?

3 Likes

Well… the President is allowed three secret murders…

(Skip to 2:45)

2 Likes

Perhaps if the US would allow Anne Sacoolas to be extradited, the UK government would assist the FBI in getting an interview with Prince Andrew.

I really doubt that. There are quite a few hoops to go through to get someone extradited from UK to USA, and “we’d like to ask him a few questions” just isn’t enough. A regular person might do well to avoid visiting USA after snubing FBI, but that’s about it.

I also fail to see the practical difference beween refusing to talk at all and saying “no comment”. The latter certainly won’t help solve any cases. Personally, I’d prefer to have a police force you could talk to if innocent without risk landing in trouble, but unfortunately that’s not how it works.

2 Likes

I think she is holding out for Charles to clean up this mess.

@Edgar_Carpenter

he’s beyond the reach of the U.S. justice system

Julian Assange doesn’t seem to be.

Prince Andrew should tell you nothing, till you send us that bitch who drove on the wrong side of the road and killed that poor lad on his bike, then fled to the US and is now being protected by trump!

1 Like