U.S. prosecutors demand to interview Prince Andrew over Epstein ties

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/08/u-s-prosecutors-demand-to-int.html

5 Likes

And after November the SDNY would ALSO like to interview Don Trump about his ties, his very, VERY close ties to Epstein going back to the 90’s.

22 Likes

I’m confused; shouldn’t the U.K. be demanding the interview? I mean they are investigating this, right?

3 Likes

At the very least, I hope that the prosecutors push this as far as they can. For a spoiled and entitled creep like Andy, not being able to travel outside the UK for fear of being nabbed for extradition would be almost unbearable.

12 Likes

You know, there is precedent for a UK monarch to lock a prince in the Tower of London, never to be seen again.

19 Likes

Kinda hard to claim that you are cooperating if you don’t, you know, cooperate.

17 Likes

I answered the darn…I’m cooperating here!

11 Likes

Gotta love a Fargo reference!

7 Likes

His polling numbers look bad.

2 Likes

The impertinence!

Fake news from the anti-dick brigade! They fell into the tower your honour.

3 Likes

Considering the amount of evidence that was collected from his NY apartment, and all the hidden video cameras he had, I’d like to see prosecutors call more than just Prince Andrew in for questioning.

8 Likes

But his free ‘trade ambassador’ transport has been removed. He’d have to pay. He won’t like that.

3 Likes

In all honesty, the idea that Richard III had anything to do with their deaths has more to do with Shakespeare (who was commissioned to write “Richard III” to glorify the coup of the Tudors and so wanted to make him look as evil as possible) than history.

8 Likes

Off-topic, I know, but Josephine Tey wrote a beautifully dry police-procedural mystery novel analyzing the evidence against Richard.

3 Likes

Add him to the book…

big-book-of-british-smiles

1 Like

Fortunately for Andy, he is not elected, and the Royal Family don’t care about any of this.
If the UK government cared, they would offer to trade Andy for Anne Sacoolas, who ran over a young man then fled the UK.
She has been granted diplomatic immunity under very dubious circumstances.
The UK government however also don’t care about any of this, and the whole will be left to go cold until people have forgotten it even happened.

8 Likes

If it’s anything like the DOJ investigating Trump, then… nope.

1 Like

From a nearby thread:

Andrew may fall in the same class. Have other foreign princes, Satanic or not, been prosecuted in the US?

2 Likes

I have a feeling that more than a few especially over-the-top pro-Trump politicos have also had very close contact with Epstein. Heck… forget about political affiliations. Anyone with money/power who’ve been close to Epstein.

4 Likes

Prince Andrew has diplomatic immunity and travels on a diplomatic passport. He’s untouchable unless Queen Elizabeth says otherwise.

3 Likes