Jenny Nicholson enacts the "Westworld" sales pitch

It’s hard to imagine the IP laws getting so far out of hand that one company had the exclusive legal rights to 3D-printing of robot vaginas.

4 Likes

It’s fiction and the stretch from oligopoly to monopoly might be kind of stretchy. It hasn’t been a specific plot point, I guess.

Yet bio-synth robots and smart bullets are just fine, but this is where your suspension of disbelief resides?

2 Likes

Truly a distopia.

I’m calling it: within days of the first consumer-grade 3D meat printer every teenage boy in America will have his own biosynthetic orifice stashed away somewhere in his bedroom.

3 Likes

Hey if they couldn’t exploit their intellectual property forever then there wouldn’t have been any incentive for them to make artificial humans that feel emotions and pain that could be tortured and killed over and over again for decades at least!!

surely there must be TrumpBot 2000 voters who bring their sons with them to manify?!?

2 Likes

Having it in the living room would be more sociable. After all, concerns about instinctive reproductive privacy would be obsolete.

1 Like

In the old movie wasn’t it heat sensing pistols?

In the Aquabats Super Show! version it was lasers.

1 Like

Yeah, you have to think of this show from the point of view of a gamer. Very many people wouldn’t even break a sweat when gunning down hundreds of NPCs in GTA now imagine a hundred years or so in the future where photorealistic games are the norm and it’s not such a stretch to believe people would behave this way to a physical representation of an NPC. Also, presumably by then, immersive VR would be so far advanced as to be almost indistinguishable from reality anyway.

3 Likes

Yes they were. But the bots in the show are bio-synths so the appear human to the touch. Heat sensor wont work.

There is actually an off remark in the show about one of the techs having a VR date later. So yes indeed.

That sounds vaguely familiar now you say. The thing that bothers me about the show is where is all the AI fiction in that world? Does it even exist?

Am I the only one who thinks “am I the only one” instead of “I think she’s annoying” is annoying? I MUST BE ON CRAZY PILLS.

2 Likes

Oh they definitely exist. There’s the decompression resort Mesa Gold the guests go to after the park that DEFINITELY has robo-hookers.

2 Likes

Forget the repair crews whose have the job of patching up all those bullet holes—just imagine being the poor employee whose job it is to clean the jizz out of robots at the end of each day.

2 Likes

I imagine there’s a machine for that. Just tell the host to “go clean yourself up” squat agressive humming noise schlorp all done.

1 Like

sorry/not sorry

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.