'Jeopardy' host Alex Trebek: chemo for pancreatic cancer 'over,' now 'on the mend' filming new season

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/29/jeopardy-host-alex-trebek.html

2 Likes

Trebek: My doctors have advised me that my life is no longer in jeopardy.
Fans: Oh no!
Trebek: No, I mean I’m returning to Jeopardy.
Fans: OK now we’re just confused.

8 Likes

It would probably be clearer to his fans if he provided his statement in the form of a question.

7 Likes

Good new for everyone. Well, almost everyone…

5 Likes

Good on him. Chemo sucks. He obviously loves his job and what is the point of being alive if one does not do what one loves? Regardless of whether he “beats the odds” he is living his life as he wishes, and ultimately that is all we can aim to do.

7 Likes

Chemo is bad, but after-chemo is also bad. I wish him well on this next stage of a long, arduous journey.

6 Likes

I’d like to solve the puzzle: what is “one tough SOB”?

5 Likes

some ppl are rude about him, but i think his stoicism is good - he wants the game to seem impartial and that means not pal-ing around w folks. in an age of me too it’s quaint folks give him shit for not being friendly enough. sadly i can’t watch anymore because it reminds me of evenings with my (dead) grandpa and i get depressed but i wish mr trebek the best.

2 Likes

will%20clappin

1 Like

“In the category Game Show Hosts for $400, the answer is: This game show host recently finished chemo treatment for his pancreatic cancer and is now filming a new season of Jeopardy!.”

4 Likes

Trebek is an amazingly resilient fellow. I would be interested to hear how he’s kept himself together through this ordeal.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.