Jeremy Corbyn to Morgan Stanley: you're goddamned right we're a threat to you

• Well, that would be the DNC and corporate Media…
4 Likes

Yes. Yes, you are. In a good way.

We kinda never left it, one simply sharecrops a lifestyle instead of a cabbage field. But the interest never stopped flowing, its just better marketing not to grind it in your face daily.

3 Likes

But on the other hand, it would probably mean a great flight of global capital to the US, boosting our economy. And might make London rents affordable again.

I agree with your sentiment, but I feel compelled to nitpick.

The workers have always been peasants, but they were not always serfs. The distinction is important.

For those who might not be clear on the difference:

Peasant: oppressed working class with some rights. These rights exist more in theory than in practice, but they have some restraining effect on aristocratic abuse.

Serf: oppressed working class with no rights. Pretty much just a geo-locked slave. Can be abused with complete impunity.

Western Europe was mostly peasants. Russia was mostly serfs. This was more than a bit relevant to why history went the way that it did.

9 Likes

Explain FRB all you want but every time someone tries to tell me about if it sure sounds a helluva lot like making money from money. Every time.

1 Like

“Landlords grow richer in their sleep without working, risking or economizing." — J S Mill

8 Likes

It’s allure just may come back into fashion.

2 Likes

Since deregulation, banks and finance have mostly transferred money rather than obtain it, and with great urgency, to themselves.

It’s about goddamn time some western politician threatened the finance parasites. They are an absolute pestilence on our economic system. Most of what banking is ought to be institutionalized as a public utility.

11 Likes

Stock market in US is showing negative correlation with average person’s welfare, so elementary school teachers get to listen to Marketplace spinning “We’re in the Money” as the stock market rises to the news that their lousy $250 school supply tax deduction is history.

2 Likes

Using those rights put you at risk of losing your home, and therefore at risk of being arrested for vagrancy.

4 Likes

Get a load of the blatant elitism on these fucks.

Morgan Stanley warned about the nationalisation of key industries, higher taxes and a shift in spending priorities towards low-income households under Corbyn’s leadership, which it said could damage valuations of UK companies.

“For the UK market, domestic politics may be perceived as a bigger risk than Brexit. From a UK investor perspective, we believe that the domestic political situation is at least as significant as Brexit, given the fragile state of the current government and the perceived risks of an incoming Labour administration that could potentially embark on a radical change in policy direction.

“Against this backdrop, even if we see good progress in the Brexit negotiations, the scope for UK sensitive assets to rally may be muted unless we also see an improvement in the government’s position in opinion polls.”

Morgan Stanley said British utility companies, especially in the water and power sectors, were most at risk from a Labour government, but postal services, telecommunications and travel companies could also be affected.

Higher taxes and a corporation tax rise to 26% might damage British financial services, Morgan Stanley said.

“Spending priorities … shift in favour of low-income households and the public sector and away from outsourcers and defence companies,” the report continued. “Higher low-end wage growth could also impact service-oriented companies with low margins, such as retailers.”

Guardian

Heaven forfend that spending priorities shift in favour of low-income households and and the public sector and away from (yeesh) outsourcers and defense contractors, when inequality is higher than any time since the 20s!

Where’s my Loius XIV fainting couch?

6 Likes

they know the extent of their own depredations…they know how much they are loathed

1 Like

Well apart from the ones who work in the City, or its associated businesses like law or accountancy.

For what little my opinion is worth, I would hang every MD in Morgan Stanley, GS etc. Obviously my first step is hanging Tony Blair.

I guess you can tell I am a supporter of Mr. Corbyn.

5 Likes

Says fucking who.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/isi_kbreen/status/937043406307692544

2 Likes

“Why not both?”

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.