Jerry Stiller, "Frank Costanza" on Seinfeld, RIP

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/11/jerry-stiller-frank-costanz.html

4 Likes

Serenity now.

24 Likes

It kinda blew my mind this morning to find out that Jerry Stiller was older than Little Richard. When Little Richard passed away my first reaction was “He was only 89?” Little Richard seemed eternal and I wouldn’t have blinked if someone told me he was 102 when he passed.

This clip of Stiller making Julia Louis Dreyfus crack is maybe the best tribute post I’ve seen today

16 Likes

Always looked forward to Stiller and Meara appearances on the Ed Sullivan show when I was a kid.

3 Likes

I love how Stiller holds himself together while everyone else is laughing uncontrollably.

8 Likes

RIP.
Festivus is gonna be tough this year.

12 Likes

Real bummer he’s passed away but at least it was from natural causes. Very talented comedian and actor in his own right, anything he was in he always stole the show. Will miss him dearly

1 Like

10 Likes

Frank of Festivus - no longer with the restivus.

10 Likes

I would like to mildly protest the headline as damning with faint praise. Thank you.

2 Likes

When I saw he’d died, I suddenly thought of him in a “seriius” role, but wasn’t sure what. Then I thought “Kelly’s Heroes”.

I check and no Jerry Stiller.

I had to think some more, and it wasn’t “Frank Costanza”, but “Uncle Leo”, Len Lesser.

I don’t think I was surprised by seeing Jerry Stiller in “The Taking of Pellham 1-2-3” for the first time about 15 years ago.

RIP Arthur Spooner
Inventor of the A-head screwdriver

1 Like

Yeah thats his superpower.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.