British celebrity Freddie Starr "definitely dead"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/10/british-celebrity-freddie-star.html

1 Like

Not just merely dead but really most sincerely dead?

I assume the “definitely” is used because people might be tempted to believe this is a prank?

3 Likes

eighteen with a bullet

1 Like

They swore up and down that Freddy was dead in 1991 but he’s appeared in at least three more films in the franchise since then.

2 Likes

The news got out by someone saying “Hi, I’m Freddie’s manager. He’s dead.” (I paraphrase) via Starr’s Twitter account.
It’s taken a while for a more definitive account to emerge (if it even has), so relatively-reputable media outlets have just been saying “it’s reported that…”.

2 Likes

…and relatively disreputable media outlets have been saying:

2 Likes

That wasn’t even the greatest headline in the S*n, never mind the world.

8 Likes

Even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious

1 Like

IIRC The Register seems to have come up with headlines that are variants on supercalifragilistic on a few occasions, but I can’t find one right now.

1 Like

Yes, but I like the suggestion that it implies “we did a good job, how dare you suggest otherwise.”

1 Like

This one popped up yesterday:

5 Likes

I think that particular formation was made first about Trump:

Super Callous Fragile Racist Sexist Nazi POTUS

It’s basically perfect.

2 Likes

“The Sun’s favourite pet-eating comedian” sort of implies there is/was more than one of them, and they have a list.

2 Likes

I think you might enjoy the NT News

474qZB2

1 Like

I suppose one could class Ozzy Osbourne as a comedian.

1 Like

The Caley-Celtic one is from 2000. It probably isn’t the first supercalifragilistic headline, but I don’t know of any earlier ones.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.