News clip about coronavirus patient is quite a journey

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/21/news-clip-about-coronavirus-pa.html

12 Likes

This actually fake news was real. Real is the new fake. Dead is the new alive. Schrodinger’s cat is very confused and maybe not a cat.

19 Likes

9 Likes

Schroedinger 's Jack

13 Likes

So long as we don’t click the “play” button

7 Likes

Now that, that is the sort of wonderful thing I come to Boing Boing to see!

2 Likes

If Fox News had made this mistake instead of ABC they would have doubled down and insisted the poor guy was a dirty lying liberal for contradicting their Fair and Balanced reporting of his death.

13 Likes

I some some gaffes by the anchors during my time in the biz, but never one like that. Jeez.

6 Likes

So the monkey’s paw worked?

8 Likes

You gotta be careful with those enchanted monkey’s paws, man. Last January I wished that 2020 would see a record drop in production of greenhouse gases and you can guess how that turned out.

33 Likes

13 Likes

Jack at home watching:

http _prod.static9.net.au___media_2018_01_02_11_49_wow-meme

18 Likes

Oh good, another odd mistake that right wing troll bots will turn into “pandemic actor confirmed” story and shared on facebook by my ex yoga instructor.

7 Likes

He bends his body and the truth!

5 Likes

SOOOO much better than the opposite gaffe though. This one’s easy to laugh off.

2 Likes

He was saying he died as film clip showed him walking out of the hospital - I thought he was going to get hit by a truck or have a piano fall on him.

14 Likes

He was saying he died as they showed footage of people clapping and cheering as he left the hospital. That would have been amazing if it ended there. The narration was upbeat and everything and then BAM he died.

7 Likes

Was this on Easter weekend? Because…

10 Likes

Only the most flexible can get their heads so far up their asses.

4 Likes

Now I’m just trying to imagine Trump telling that story, with the mis-reading. Either he’d double down and insist Jack was dead (and Trump’s staff would realize they were going to have to bump off Jack so Trump wouldn’t be contradicted), or he’d immediately go with, “Jack died. [realizes mistake] Jack died. That’s what everyone said - that he died! But not me, I always knew he was alive!” (Except he would probably also call him “Mack” instead of “Jack” and insist it was a nickname some people used for him.)

10 Likes