Jesus Christ was an asylum seeker

3 Likes

I hate to say this, but you’re being awfully generous there… :wink: I mean, I hope you’re right, @Joe999’s position here is purely from naivity, and not out and out jingoism and racism, but I sadly doubt it. Those are some well trod tropes he’s pulling out of the shitter there. I doubt they’ve changed for years.

1 Like

Well, one catches more flies with honey than with vinegar. It’s worth a try.

3 Likes

Yeah, I know. Sometimes, this approach indeed works. I’m just doubt it in this case… But I really do appreciate your kindness. We need more of it in this world… :smiley:

2 Likes

I do find it interesting that there are some rather strong opinions being offered negatively about so-called “illegal” immigrants by people who are perhaps only 3rd or 4th generation immigrants themselves. Don’t see a whole lot of people asking the native people their opinion on immigration law…of course, there aren’t a whole lot left, smallpox and guns and all. But I mean shit, they’re not exactly a demographic that anyone need pay attention to anyway, so…

Can we agree at least that the story of Jesus is at best hearsay by definition, and at worst, the worst myth ever propagated on the human people? His (probably completely, or at least mostly) made up story has caused more evil, death and destruction than could really ever be reversed or made up for, how are we in a position to even take it remotely seriously? It’s time we got our shit together as a people and dealt with religious horseshit, racial horseshit, and nationalist horseshit and made some progress into treating people on the basis of what kind of people they are and not what they might have been taught as kids or what country they happened to have been born in.

It would be nice, but it probably won’t happen until we find some extraterrestrials to victimize. Religion and nationalism were originally meant to bring people together, but we screwed everything up, as usual.

I see what you did there…

Well played :thumbsup:

Your agenda and/or presumption of the agendas of others comes through so loud and clear here that it drowns out everything else you’re saying.

The quoted paragraph is an implicit accusation that the Democratic Party seeks to gain political capital by advocating a specific solution to a very real humanitarian crisis.

3 Likes

[quote=“Joe999, post:26, topic:48821”]
What is the educational outcome of 2nd or 3rd generation unskilled Hispanic immigrants?
[emphasis mine][/quote]
Thanks for setting up the strawman. I wonder, does the outcome change for skilled Hispanic immigrants? Or is it “darkies=bad” by default for you? Racist screeds will be racist screeds, I suppose.

That sounds worse that Dick Cheney!

I’m afraid you were right. Here’s empathy-challenged @Joe999 writing in a newer thread:

4 Likes

I take no pleasure in that. It both saddens and deeply angers me. Maybe donuts can fix that? Probably not… still…

1 Like

Can’t find @Joe999’s posts anymore, and that is a blessing. I was seriously thinking of changing my username. He gives all Joes a bad name.

4 Likes

It’s okay… unlike @joe999, we know that not all Joes look alike!

5 Likes

Did @joe999 manage to get thrown down the memory hole entirely, not just banned?

2 Likes

I believe he was assigned to the oubliette, that “little place of forgetting.”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.