"Jesus Shoes" are Nikes laced with holy water

Uhhh. . . “Nike”? you mean the Greek goddess of victory? Sacrilege much?

7 Likes

Christ, i am so sick of Kanye

5 Likes

Jesus would be so proud. Nothing is as on-brand with the Son of God as $4k sneakers.

5 Likes

You can also add garlic for an extra couple hundred bucks.

4 Likes

“Tired of your smelly, stinky old sneakers? Switch to the Nike Air Jesus-- nothing but the sweet, sweet Odor of Sanctity®!”

2 Likes

Thank you for saving me a Googling :grin:

1 Like

“Oops, I stepped in some holy shit with my $4000 shoes!”

2 Likes

These would have been considered sacrilegious a few decades ago, too:

https://www.amazon.com/slp/flag-shoes/d9s6b2co27p8zzs

I was an alter-boy in my youth. Behind the scenes: priest dudes just filled holy water from the tap, and if they were in a rush, didn’t even bother to “wave hands and say words” type stuff. Then a bunch of old ladies would treat it like the nectar of the God.

And my parents wonder why I’m a little jaded on religion.

8 Likes

4 Likes

I was an altar boy in my youth also.

I don’t remember them fudging on the blessings- but that awful wine was fair game!

6 Likes

For all the grumpy bitter BoingBoingers who still haven’t gotten the joke:

Air Max 97 M-i-S-C-H-i-e-F

4 Likes

that was my thought exactly. i mean, Aleister Crowley had the cross tattooed on the soles of his feet, but not because he wanted to bring jesus with him wherever he went…

4 Likes

But - how could anyone take this doofus seriously?

6 Likes

If I understand Jesus correctly.
“Jesus shoes” would be the free shoes one gives to a person in need.

But what do I know, we atheists are all amoral louses.

5 Likes

Jesus is probably rolling in his grave. Oh wait…

4 Likes

meh, he was ahead of his time, for sure. definitely more like PT Barnum than the Great Evilness he portrayed.

2 Likes

I think it’s never been anything but whatever water was around.

It was never claimed to be Evian-sourced. The believers think the juju magic is in the priest giving it to them, not the water itself.

I wonder if the priest they roped into this (if he’s not a fiction) is going to get into ecclesiastical “hot water” for abetting simony?

4 Likes

Oh. Crowley.
My bad… :grimacing:

1 Like

Hey, maybe they just have a very specific target audience…

1 Like

Ya know, one could always waltz (literally or not) into a Catholic church and snarf up some H-H2O from the basins near the front. Then inject it into whatever closed-cell air-cushion shoes you alread have. I just saved you $4000; please send me a 10% finder’s fee.

3 Likes