Jesus spotted in Antarctica on Google Earth, near ancient alien structure

It’s Kohnen Station - see Kohnen Station - Wikipedia

A German summer-only research station. I think the excavation looks more sizable than it is because the sun is very low to the horizon - the shadows are considerable.

3 Likes

The manga is hillarious and genuinely adorable.

1 Like

“right next to each other” is relative. For scale, the three locations mentioned in the video form a roughly isosceles triangle whose short side is > 300km and whose long sides are ~ 1000km, so whether that’s “close” will depend on how well the refreshments and the in-flight entertainment work for you.

1 Like

To quote Wikipedia, " In 2019, researchers found interstellar iron in Antarctica in snow from the Kohnen Station which they relate to the Local Interstellar Cloud[4]". So it is aliens, after all!

4 Likes

How to rhyme, apparently

1 Like

I have to wonder how they would react if the real Jesus or real Aliens would show up.

I assume they would immediately believe it all to be a hoax cooked up by the government.

2 Likes

Depends on the Jesus. Middle Eastern Jesus? Hoax for sure

1 Like

It took about 15 minutes to find the alien base. I can’t believe how many sites or wackadoodles are dedicated to trying to convince people that it’s an alien base and how many people believe it.

And then as I was posting the link I see someone beat me to it so I wasted 15 minutes. Kohnen Station

Actually wasn’t a waste of time because I learned there are 5,000 or more abandoned bases in Antarctica.

Not hard to see how conspiracy stuff gets traction when people just blindly believe YouTube videos.

3 Likes

It’s never Moses, or Noah, or Adam or a Hindu god and of course it isn’t the prophet. If it doesn’t look like Jesus it’s usually been Elvis.

Jesus gets around, man.

I knew it! Jesus is a Muslim!

1 Like
1 Like

3a6399ea043674fd3689bed8ddd6c84d

9 Likes

My thought was that if that’s what Jesus did, then he went about it in about it in the stupidest way possible.

Meanwhile, Homeless Jesus is thinking "Antarctic alien base? That guy has issues!"

3 Likes

Skeptics would say this is a prime example of pareidolia

I’ve never understood why they think the fact that God designed our visual systems so that we are able to see Jesus everywhere somehow lessens the miracle.

The fact that the Jesus that people see everywhere is based on Renaissance-era depictions that reflect the beauty standards of the time, rather than what Jesus could have possibly looked like, does somehow lesson the miracle for me.

4 Likes

Dude should probably use that distance tool to measure what “right next to” means on the scale of Antartica

ben affleck jesus GIF

2 Likes

He appears to @nubwaxer as a Cheeto. Mysterious ways.

1 Like

That makes sense. How else do you think Jesus fed 5,000 people during the Sermon on the Mount while (suspiciously?) stressing the importance of “spiritual sustenance” (over actual sustenance?!).

1 Like