Jewish recipient of $2B Saudi investment has glowing things to say about their treatment of Jews

Originally published at: SURPRISE: Kushner likes Saudi Arabia

1 Like

This blank-eyed kapo has a history of thinking his family’s money makes it safe to hang around anti-Semites, his father-in-law being another example.

Also, let’s be clear: “his equity fund” is a slush fund and laundry that’s operated by actual financial professionals, not him. With an investment like that, the firm is more Prince Bonesaw’s than his.

11 Likes

“… I’ve never personally been thrown in prison for protesting here, so obviously it just doesn’t happen”

10 Likes

There hasn’t been a Jewish community living in Saudi Arabia since 1950 or so. They likely regard him like a zoo animal, heavily guarded and amusing to observe. College campuses aren’t bad for Jews, they’re bad for Kushner and other people complicit in Trump’s fascism, because educated people know who they are and what they tried to do.

ETA: from the wiki on Jews in Saudi Arabia:
During the Gulf War (1990–1991), when approximately a half million US military personnel assembled in Saudi Arabia, and many were then stationed there, there were many Jewish US service personnel in Saudi Arabia. It is reported that the Saudi government insisted that Jewish religious services not be held on their soil but that Jewish soldiers be flown to nearby US warships.[33]

There has been virtually no Jewish activity in Saudi Arabia since the beginning of the 21st century. Census data does not identify any Jews as residing within Saudi Arabian territory.[34]

10 Likes

I wonder what the $2 billion was in return for. I’m thinking classified documents on nuclear weapons.

6 Likes

The writing is on the wall. The Saudis are so desperate they’re willing to support Israel. When the Saudi empire collapses in the next couple of decades as the planet becomes indifferent to fossil fuels, it’s going to be a bloodbath.

Brought to you by English imperialism and American interventionism.

2 Likes

From what I understand from reading this article, there are many more Jews in Tehran than in Riyadh. Although they can profess their religion and customs, I think their situation doesn’t seem to be that good.

6 Likes

by then the saudi family will own every sports team in the EU and the USA and continue to make their billions and continue their religious repression.

5 Likes

Or, safe exile in case Trump manages to seize power, and he loses power.

1 Like

If the Saudi royal family were overthrown, they wouldn’t need to bribe anyone to be given exile in the USA.

4 Likes

But they might need to bribe someone to get safe exile in the USA.

2 Likes

I’m not sure that’s as much desperation as some actual overlap of principles and interests.

In terms of pure interests; it’s not like the Saudis have any real interest in Palestinians beyond what domestic appeasement demands; and they are certainly vastly less useful than the Israelis when it comes to transferrable expertise on dealing with local undesirables and economic activity generally; and even the most ambitious zionist map painting doesn’t include the Arabian peninsula, so there’s nothing that the two are ideologically committed to fighting about.

In terms of principles, to the degree those are a concern; Saudi Arabia being willing to look toward normalizing relations with some nearby people of the book in order to focus on a mutual(though differently founded) dislike of those absolute heretics up in Iran isn’t an especially tortured position.

3 Likes

I get the feeling Jared is going to be bonesawed either to keep him quiet or because he didn’t invest the 2B as asked.

2 Likes

Believable.

If you think that’s an investment, I’ve got a bridge you can buy.

3 Likes

I don’t think it was a gift, I expected the Saudis wanted something done with that money other than sit in Jared’s bank account.

2 Likes

I think that it was payment for services that he had already rendered. He’s already delivered on his side of the bargain so he can do what he wants with the money.

2 Likes

You’re very plausible speculation is really ripping into my fantasies of the guy getting bonesawed by a karmic Saudi hit team. :frowning:

1 Like

Well, yeah. It was payment for services rendered (per @GagHalfrunt) or to be rendered, that much is obvious. I wouldn’t call that an “investment”, especially considering that was the cover story.

3 Likes

As I said earlier in the thread, I would guess that he handed over classified documents, probably ones that would give Saudi Arabia a head start in developing nuclear weapons.

2 Likes

Then it would have been $2B badly spent.

Technology is not the limiting factor in developing nukes, its acquiring piles of U-235 and/or Pu. I am sure Pakistan would have parted with a nice chunk of their supply for that much money.

2 Likes