Jim Jordan disproves his line of questioning

Originally published at: Jim Jordan disproves his line of questioning | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Gods, the next few years are going to be an never-ending clownshow in congress…

28 Likes

Someone needs to show Gym Jordan the xkcd cartoon and then show him the door.

19 Likes

Well that’s it, he’s in big trouble now and I’m sure he’s learned his lesson.

17 Likes

Jordan asked Baker a question, he said he couldn’t answer because of attorney client privilege, Jordan said that was covered, Baker said he has nothing in writing and he was not going to answer because attorney client.

Some time passed and they circled back, the chairman said congress does no recognize attorney client privilege, to which Baker said nope, sorry, attorney client privilege is still a thing.

Then some other a-hole threatened all the witnesses with prosecution as a matter of fact several people threatened the witnesses prompting Mfume and AOC to point that out.

And screw Boebert, this is personal with her instead of it being about the country. And screw Marge for labeling Roth a pedophile.

12 Likes

It’s performance politics. The conservatives who feed off the hatred on Breitbart see this and pump their fists “YES, he NAILED IT! It’s a DOUBLE STANDARD!” Except it’ll end like the Benghazi hearings, a report quietly released that finds nothing prosecutable.

10 Likes

Performance politics have a real world consequence for real people. The far right have been “performing” their hate for trans people for years now. There are states that are passing laws that will criminalize ALL gender affirming care.

We need to stop pretending like these are harmless performances that have no impact on the lives of real people… because they VERY much do.

17 Likes

Jordan is criminally stupid. That was a nice burn though. There’s going to be a lot of of this for the next two years. Stupid GQP theatrics and grownups chiding them. The good news is that they’re so disinterested in governing, and they can’t get legislature through anyway, that it’ll be nothing but theatrics. Which is less harmful than the alternatives.

4 Likes

Nice burn? @Michael_Cross that was a SICK Burn! My, my, my.

2 Likes

Which they still haven’t learned almost always works against them. Sure, they give their crazy-ass base tons of fodder to keep them frothing, which they then go on to believe full-heartedly because they insulate themselves from reality. But the general public has polled very much against them in the past regarding debt ceiling defaults, Benghazi, COVID measures, voter “fraud”, etc. Seriously, let them carry this millstone into 2024.

Edited for typo.

3 Likes

Gerry Connolly is my Congresscritter. :grin:

4 Likes

Thats It Martin Short GIF by PBS SoCal

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.