Jimmy DiResta makes a wooden spoon

Whoever hid that spoon in that wood 100 years ago did a great job. It took him forever to get it out.

4 Likes

3 Likes

I got into soap carving for a while. It was super chill, and smells nice. Also good for a NYC apartment, with no room for powertools. It also fits the amount of free time/attention span I have for a project.

2 Likes

It’s surprising what you can build with a few good hand tools and some imagination. You really don’t need very much space. Noise and dust are something to consider, though.

2 Likes

I think of soap carving and I smell Irish Spring from that one phase as a kid I tried soap carving.

There are worse things I suppose.

1 Like

yeah, when the baby was on her way we bought a washer dryer, and we threw out our old cabinet/counter and built a cabinet and counter that would fit over the unit. the pocket holes for the joints didnt case too much trouble, and we kept the hand-sawing in the entryway, but using the hand plane to even off the joined 2x4s for the countertop were a little…seismic. We’ll break out the tools when we have to…

JDiR has mad wicked bandsaw talents. He makes it look so easy.
But watching it scares the bejebezz out of me.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.