Joe Arpaio welcomes furries to Arizona, then is told what furries are

The truth likely goosed him. Can’t weasel out of it now…

6 Likes

When you don’t know anything about Furries:

6 Likes

Seems like a non-story. This entry and article seem to build up that he’ll have a negative reaction when he learns about furry, but looks like he just shrugs it off with no reaction.

It’s a little disheartening to see this subculture used as a punchline, because it’s an acceptable way to comedically punch down on the queer and neurodivergent.

On the other hand it would be nice to see him be disgusted at how welcome we are to the LGBTQ+ community.

4 Likes

Speaking as a greymuzzle furry:

JampackedWealthyGuanaco-size_restricted

5 Likes

Oh, he’ll ferret out the truth about furries, alright. (But probably only with the help of a mole.)
Though they had to badger him to record that message.
But he must be into it, he’s a rat, after all.

4 Likes

What pisses me off on that clip is they are essentially reporting on a terrorist attack by white supremacists and they laugh it off because furries.

Fuck Mika to hell.

Listen to this podcast to hear real reporters ( Robert Evans, Katy Stoll, and Cody Johnston) dig into that disaster with actual audio of the chaos and I knew people in that mess and what our community did to deal with this.

13 Likes
4 Likes

True, but I think it probably deserves getting dumped on. It goes against so much that ToS and TNG set up and stood for.

In contrast, they just went through their top 10 favorite TNG episodes.

I think the Frakes cameo was after after William Shatner got confused by their fans on Twitter and thinking their Nerd Crew bits were serious vs satire, and kinda shit on them a little.

3 Likes

TPM beats you all with the headline:

7 Likes

I wonder how much it would cost for me to have Samuel L. Jackson tell my students ”IT’S RIGHT THERE IN THE SYLLABUS, MOTHERFUCKER!”

12 Likes

Yep - watched those. I know some folks on here are not Red Letter Media fans but I gotta say - I’ve agreed with all their commentary on movies and film (Prometheus to Picard) and I find there is method to their madness.

2 Likes

I think they have been spot on in the Star Trek and Star Wars commentary - for the most part.

I like the really bad B movie reviews.

2 Likes

I am pretty sure if Samuel L. Jackson was on the platform, he could just charge $500 a mother fucker and never have to get out of his recliner again.

I could see this in a movie or TV scene where he is playing himself.

Two people n the middle of a conversation when his phone pings.

“Oh, hold up.” -read phone, then angles it up and yells- “These mother fucking Legos on the floor!” -fiddles with phone for a second- “Ok, I’m sorry, you were saying?”

“What was that?”

“What was what?”

“The Legos? The mother fucking Legos?”

“Oh, that was just a Cameo thing.”

“Cameo?”

“Yeah, its a website. People pay me all day to yell ‘mother fucker’ at things.”

“For, like, money?”

“Shit yeah, for money. Ain’t going to do it for free.”

“What does that run?”

“Well it depends. I got a standard ‘mother fucker’ at $500, but I got more tiers that go up in value. Like a ‘I’m sick of these mother fucking x on this mother fucking y!’ is two grand.”

“Two… two grand? American?”

“Is there any other currency the world runs on I don’t know about?”

“Wow, and you just rattle it off and send it to them?”

“Yep.”

“So, let me get this straight. They could yell ‘mother fucker’ at their own Lego, but they pay you $500?”

“Exactamundo!”

“What’s in it for them?”

“I am guessing they just like hearing the sound of my voice. To know I am on their side with whatever frustration they are having.”

“Huh… I guess that makes sense… You, uh, you think I could get in on this?”

“Listen, no offense, but no one wants to hear you swear. It would be like hearing your parents cuss.”

“Yeah. I guess you’re right. Though, I have to say, you said ‘Legos’, but the plural of Lego is just ‘Lego’.”

“Shit, I just read what is on the request, I don’t go correcting peoples’ grammar. … I’m hungry, let’s get a taco.”

“You buying?”

“Yeah, for my taco.”

“Mother fucker…”

(I had a person envision for being on the other end of this, but fill in your own.)

10 Likes

Yeah, I had a friend who was in that attack and inhaled chlorine. He turned out all right, but it sure wasn’t a laughing matter to me when I learned what had happened.

5 Likes

So he’s a bottom?

2 Likes

In Diamond Age, imagine if Samuel L. Jackson was roped in as the primary talent for A Young Lady’s Illustrated Primer. Yeah, the Vickies would have loved that!

1 Like

or not

1 Like

But what about the ones that want to be abused?

2 Likes

I was involved in a Zoom call one time where a person had done a Cameo video with Rod Blagojevich. For those not familiar with him, he is the latest in a string of convicted Illinois governors. Rod did the Cameo video, including mentioning the name of our group. I hated it. Basically because we handed the corrupt convict money for about 30 seconds of yapping which included him mentioning how awful prison was. My thought, “Well, you shouldn’t have put the screws to donors by threatening to take away state funding and try to sell Obama’s Senate seat”

3 Likes

CLAIM: Burned a dog alive and laughed when the dog’s owner cried

2 Likes