Former Sheriff Joe Arpaio says he would accept a blowjob from Trump in latest Sacha Baron Cohen trap

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/08/06/former-sheriff-joe-arpaio-says.html

6 Likes

n

29 Likes

“…You think like he thinks…” nuff said.

5 Likes

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/adamjmoussa/status/1018866993804529667relevant tweet

4 Likes

Sex involving Trump and/or Arpaio is gross irrespective of gender or orientation. But the point of the “interview” is to demonstrate Arpaio’s hypocrisy.

18 Likes

Trump may make him an offer he can’t refuse.

2 Likes

I find none of Cohen’s entrapment-style humor to be funny, however despicable his targets are.

9 Likes

I agree. I find him to be quite the bully himself. I didn’t see why fooling ordinary, if bigoted, non-celebrities was supposed to be funny in “Borat”, and I don’t see why it’s funny with Arpaio either.

Kicking downwards or, as the point was made above, exploiting his surroundings’ undoubted homophobia. My perception of Baron Cohen is that of a bully kicking downwards.

2 Likes

Yet because of SBC, now Arpaio will NOT become a senator.

8 Likes

How is punking an unqualified, rather sadistic politician running for the Senate “kicking down”?

40 Likes

Meaning any offer from him.

Seeing a sadistic, bigoted, MURDEROUS bully get ridiculed by his own words is not kicking downwards. Its a slight bit of karmic payback from a guy synonymous for gross abuse of power.

33 Likes

Because they deserve to make fools of themselves, and I’m glad someone’s helping them do it on camera.

16 Likes

Well, if this means he doesn’t enter the senate, it is an upside.

As for the abuse of power, I’d rather see him in jail. I’m sure he’s guilty of enough stuff to land him there.

Ladislas Kekkonen… Kekkonen I get but Ladislas is a
Hungarian in Finnish it would something like Ladislaus but still…

I’m a bit more equivocal on it. I certainly don’t consider it “kicking downwards” since he’s going after very high-profile high targets. And I think there is is value to what he does, a lot of these politicians, particularly on the right, will present a fairly extreme message to one group and a fairly moderate one to the general public. So exposing that extreme side to the general public is a valuable service.

That being said, this one was mostly kinda weird. Arpaio mostly seemed to be just humouring the odd European guy. There were also a bunch of weird cuts between Cohen and Arpaio’s responses, which makes me suspicious of the editing, particularly since it is shown out of order (look at the vanishing box half-way through). So we don’t actually know his actual response to the “race war” bit.

7 Likes

Google translate says:
Urho Kaleva Kekkonen (3 September 1900 Pielavesi - 31 August 1986 Helsinki) was a Finnish politician and the eighth president of the Republic of Finland. He was the president of the republic for an uninterrupted period of time since 1956 at the beginning of 1982 for over 25 years. The last presidency was lost because of illness. Kekkonen is the longest-running president of Finland’s history. He is the first person to act as President of the Republic through two full sessions and the only one who has been selected for more than one …

The one thing authoritarians can’t countenance is being laughed at. One of the few upsides of a society where a press agent would think a YouTube channel devoted to unboxing kids’ toys would be an appropriate venue for any political figure is that it provides SBC with plenty of opportunities to ridicule them.

10 Likes

Making fun of, exposing, wasting the time of nazis and their pals is a good thing. However, there is sooo much more to criticize about these losers, so why go after them by conflating them with gay love and/or sex?

It’s fine to say that fascists having sex is gross, but the fact is that the joke is about them having gay sex. It’s the fascism we should be denigrating.

3 Likes