Sacha Baron Cohen punks Dick Cheney in promo for his new undercover show

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/11/sacha-baron-cohen-punks-dick-c.html

5 Likes

If someone had told me a mere three years ago that Dick Cheney wasn’t the worst and most destructive politician (or indeed person) in America I would have laughed in derision. Ah, good times, good times…

43 Likes

Speaking of good times, here’s a photo of Cheney and Rumsfeld during their Nixon White House years:

Don’t they look happy smirky?

14 Likes

Both ends of the Axis of Evil right there. Well, a lot of the world revolved around them for a while…

10 Likes

Fux News is on it!

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/07/10/sarah-palin-blasts-sacha-baron-cohen-says-was-fooled-into-doing-interview.html

16 Likes

Sarah, I’m just glad you are being duped as a private citizen.

27 Likes

The Best and Brightest!

4 Likes

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

Dick Cheney is the malice to Donnie’s stupidity.

…or is he…?

5 Likes

Well crap. I don’t want a Showtime subscription. I guess I’ll wait and see if the internet will do what the internet does…

3 Likes

Oh come on woman. You were a dupe long before that guy ever scheduled that interview.

17 Likes

And yet if James O’Keefe does something like this they hold it up as good investigative journalism. Maybe Cohen is just a prankster, but at least he’s funny, whereas O’Keefe is dishonest and stupid and not even remotely funny.

10 Likes

Sarah Palin has been fooled into doing far, far worse: playing a lead role in the documentary film Iron Sky:

8 Likes

Reminds me of the old Eddie Murphy SNL skit where he goes undercover as “Mr. White.”

7 Likes

Cheney still skis in jeans.

Well, the comments on that link have already decided on the narrative.

‘Why does he have to mock a disabled veteran?’ - as said by people who have not watched it, of course. Ensuing outrage can help ensure that they don’t have to notice their leaders/heroes are shown to be morons.

5 Likes

She’s too stupid to be a Nazi.

4 Likes

I used to say that about Trump. Now, I’m not so sure.

5 Likes

Can she not see Russia from her house?

4 Likes

Now if only Sean Hannity will get waterboarded with the signed water jug.

1 Like

Who?

Also, where?

And what, right? Previously covered in on bOING:

2 Likes