Republican lawmaker screams racial slurs and exposes self on Sacha Baron Cohen show

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/07/23/republican-lawmaker-screams-ra.html

10 Likes

“They exploited my state of mind for profit and notoriety,” said Spencer

Given that his state of mind has been established as “racist and threatening” most people will be OK with that.

59 Likes

He sounds like a stable genius.

43 Likes

If Sacha keep this up the midterms are going to have some interesting commercials.

38 Likes

He added that people who want the statues removed “will go missing in the Okefenokee,” referring to a swamp in Georgia.

Keep in mind that one of the difficulties in finding the bodies of Schwerner, Goodman and Chaney who were slain in Mississippi in 1964 was that they kept finding lynching victims that they WEREN’T looking for in the swamps.

44 Likes

Says a lot about an electorate that they’d choose someone like that to represent themselves

15 Likes

IMHO the Republican party has had a problem with brain drain since the GW Bush administration. Smart people end up not wanting to work with them and the dumb people filter to the top. You see a lot of this in the Trump administration. People are leaving their career because they can’t stand working for so many idiots.

27 Likes

“will go missing in the Okefenokee,”

I see self prophecy in that statement.

2 Likes

Cohen has always had a great gift for prodding his subjects into exposing their very worst qualities, but if he keeps this up one of these folks is going to shed their human form entirely and revert into some kind of Lovecraftian horror like Rasputin did at the end of Hellboy.

45 Likes

But did they really? The Russians aren’t the only ones that deal in election-fuckery.

4 Likes

Not a whole lot of horse sense.

9 Likes

giphy

11 Likes

On the one hand Cohen basically tells the guy to shout the n-word, on the other hand the guy is 100% ready and does not hesitate to shout the n-word.

19 Likes

Just the rear? :wink:

5 Likes

Christ, what a horse’s asshole.

11 Likes

I gotta say, I thought he was Chinese for a minute there.

2 Likes

Is it wrong to be completely entertained and thoroughly disgusted by this new show?

If future episodes continue along this line - I smell some awards coming SBC’s way.

4 Likes

Golly, fella, when they said you should put your ass on the line to defend America, that’s not what they meant.

3 Likes

That pretty much describes my reactions. I’ve only watched the first episode so far, although I’ve seen short snippets of another. The segment on arming 4-year-olds was good. The one on art from scat, semen and pubic hairs was just nasty.

1 Like

SOMETHING needs to shake the country out of it’s Modern Family/Big Bang Theory - loving ways.

This, alongside Fully Frontal, Jon Oliver Show etc are doing the work mainstream media news lack the courage and conviction to accomplish.

10 Likes