Joe Biden becomes first presidential candidate in U.S. history to cross 75 million votes

At least not in any legitimate polls. His favorite pollster Rasmussen consistently had him at or slightly above 50%. Not that it’s anything to be proud of, although he loved to crow about it. (Even with Rasmussen’s inflated numbers it’s like, great, half the country thinks you suck… congratulations?)

4 Likes

Adjusted for ego inflation?

3 Likes

“D-minus! I’m the greatest!”

3 Likes

Of course. It’s definitely a sigh of relief, as this country would not recover from another 4 years of that monster and his enablers. But it’s also a reality check as to how much damage has been done and how much hate has been (re)cultivated in the name of power and greed.

It’s good that 75 million votes were cast against fascism and that voting records were broken to do so. It’s also bad that a record-breaking 70 million people voted for more fascism. There is a lot more work to do.

2 Likes

Well yes, but it seems like it’s not going to get traction at this point - at least not in the sense of getting supporters fired up in time to alter the outcome (i.e. force some recounts, somehow get votes thrown out, etc.) or even change the perception of who won. If they could have done something to stop the vote in the middle, it might have done something, but it’s too definitive at this point. Fox isn’t even going along with it. I fully expect Trump will never acknowledge that he lost, but there’ll be a small and shrinking number of people around him agreeing with that view.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.