Joe Biden campaign upgrades typeface

I mean, that’s a given. They chose something that looked good and then spun a story around it so they had something to say when they presented their pitch to the customer. Nevertheless, it works as a metaphor in my book, even if it needs to be spelled out first.

And I have no doubt Trump would insist that the time was something different than what his watch said if he got caught out saying the wrong time. Maybe even take a Sharpie to the watch face.

6 Likes

Well, then it would be correct twice a day.

3 Likes

I don’t think that 14:88 is a real time at any time of day.

8 Likes

Both are pretty solid. I like them.

Maybe smarter to spend your energies elsewhere and just use the Obama/Biden font! (Gotham iirc?)
Then maybe have lunch w the Lincoln Project folks and they might let on how to really land some punches on Donny Dollhands and his merry band of fascist dickheads.

Typography is never a waste of time

3 Likes

Thanks for the link; I see they actually acknowledge the joke I’d intended with my post:

Decimal Time refers to an invention of the French Revolution, in which the project of revising the calendar to feature a ten-day week was expanded to include a ten-hour clock, composed of one hundred ‘decimal minutes,’ each with one hundred ‘decimal seconds’

2 Likes

We all know what the official typeface of the other side is…with apologies to Mary Poppins.

Screenshot_20200709_144352

I agree with “both sides” of the recent posts. (1) Yes, typography is never a waste of time. (2) Yes, the justification of the choices as “aligned with truth” or whatever is complete twaddle.

As a professional designer, I think design choices should be justifiable. But the more the designer gets paid, the more the justification veers toward the absolute crap of the typical “artist’s statement.”

I guess that’s why I never made much money as a designer.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.