Biden launches 'Dark Brandon' meme merch with re-election campaign; plus 404 page Easter egg

Originally published at: Biden launches 'Dark Brandon' meme merch with re-election campaign; plus 404 page Easter egg | Boing Boing

10 Likes

I wish they had a Dark Brandon espresso cup, 'cause I would totally get one of those!

9 Likes

The cup looks interesting. Maybe I could send one to a Republican family member. :smiling_imp:

12 Likes

when an interviewer misheard a crowd chanting “f*** Joe Biden

I doubt he misheard. He was more likely translating it into a family friendly version.

12 Likes

“Kneel before Brandon!”

5 Likes

If this is what it takes to keep the GOP out of the White House I’m for it.

That’s doesn’t mean I would buy this stuff, though.

9 Likes

I’d complain about how this is probably going to send the wrong message to the ultra-religious folks who won’t get the joke, but… it’s not like they were on the fence.

11 Likes

I’m too old to wear stuff like that but my daughter’s getting one for her 38th birthday in May.

I will be dusting off my official Joe hat though.

6 Likes

The shirt looks a little amateurish, but I might get the coffee cup.

5 Likes

i love it. if this is the kind of fun thing his campaign is going to be up to for the rest of the run, i’d say it’s a savvy idea, as long as he is also long on actual substance and accomplishments.

5 Likes

… surely we are now finally old enough to wear whatever we want :singer:

8 Likes

What?! No NFTs!

4 Likes

The meme loses all of its street cred when the candidate embraces it.

Counterpoint: a good marketer embraces public attention.

portland keep GIF

10 Likes

For the record, that’s a union bug on that mug, which means that the people involved in making it were paid a negotiated wage under negotiated working conditions.

My business cards, my letterhead, my flyers, and everything else that I have professionally printed also bear the union label. Why? Because my parents’ union cards(and later in life my own) made it possible for me to live the life that I lead today.

Nearly all of the massive online print shops have their employees working in terrible conditions for bare subsistence wages. They hide their headquarters in Bahamanian tax shelters to avoid contributing to the things we need. (BTW: Friends don’t let friends use Vistaprint)

Good on Biden for supporting union workers, and not just hiring a union shop but putting that union label front and centre.

14 Likes

Also, I’m Canadian and can’t legally buy or have this mug shipped directly. Would any kind American thinking of purchasing one too many like to resell it to me?

3 Likes

I want the cup, but it only ships to the USA. Most likely due to campaign finance laws.

Oh, well.

With a little luck, though, I might be able to get one from Democrats Abroad (which I am a member of).

I love that he’s embracing it and taking it away from the right.

At the end of his monologue when he introduced Roy Wood.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.