Joe Manchin admits he is a lost politician: "I don't know where in the hell I belong"

Originally published at: Joe Manchin admits he is a lost politician: "I don't know where in the hell I belong" | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Sitting in the middle, enabling fascists?

It’s a bad place to be, but Manchin seems to be comfortable there.

45 Likes

He belongs in the sea.

23 Likes

Maybe you should step aside, Joe, for someone who does know where the hell they belong.

40 Likes

IMO, where in Hell ‘he belongs’ is the Ninth Circle.

42 Likes

If he did, Gov Justice would just appoint a hard-line Trumpist to replace him. This is a situation where the only real out is to flip another seat (or two) somewhere else so he does not have the influence and power he currently “enjoys.”

43 Likes

Or create them, in D.C. and Puerto Rico. Or destroy them, in Dakota.

35 Likes

I don’t know if Manchin will switch parties, but I am fairly certain that Sinema will.

7 Likes

56 Likes

“I don’t know where in the hell I belong”

In the f’ing GQP/KKKpublican Party, you ding dong.

19 Likes

My ignorance of US politics is showing. In Canada, if a Member of Parliament resigns, a by-election is held in their riding to determine their replacement.

16 Likes

I think the obvious and correct answer of where he belongs would have to be Not in office

23 Likes

He clearly makes an excellent bottleneck or speedbump.

11 Likes

The rules vary by state. Some are direct appointment, some are special election. IDK if there are any where it’s appointment-until-special-election.

12 Likes
14 Likes

He’s clearly a moderate conservative who would have slotted into the old 1980’s Republican party quite well. He’s not close to centrist, though, even if he pretends to be.

24 Likes

Manchin does a lot of “pretending” on the US tax payers dime.

18 Likes

Hey Joe…

kurt cobain shut up GIF

19 Likes

Joe belongs in a coal mine.

11 Likes

Someone much smarter than me proposed that 4 or 5 good-sized tech companies relocate to Wyoming. An influx of 50,000 or so educated voters ought to flip two Senate seats.

9 Likes