Joe the Plumber dead at 49

It was a real thing (though not on a reputable news network, obviously). The Daily Show covered it in 2009 if you want to see a clip. Like I said, it was bad and he deserved to feel bad.

8 Likes

I’m still trying to get my head around the idea that Wil Wheaton is now four years older than Patrick Stewart was when the two first appeared on screen together for TNG.

10 Likes

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

-Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night

8 Likes

No, he didn’t, but his stumping for right wing nut jobs made it more difficult for people to get access to cancer care.

6 Likes

Uuuuuuuuuugh fuck you, New York Times. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Joe The Plumber was an early example of the right manufacturing a political base by stoking hate, misinformation, and otherwise convincing the formerly left-leaning blue collar workforce into voting against their own interests.

This is not “a cipher of class anxiety”. It’s racism, ignorance, and hate. There is a straight line from Joe The Plumber to Jan 6.

If anything should die of pancreatic cancer, it’s the New York fucking Times.

7 Likes

I felt shame when I immediately thought about ironic ways that he could have died. Then I read that his family had been crowdfunding his treatment for pancreatic cancer.

WeIs there a german term for your basic human decency limiting your ability enjoyment of a big hearty bowl of schadenfreude when life sends one your way?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.