Joey Ramone biopic to star Saturday Night Live's Pete Davidson

Originally published at: Joey Ramone biopic to star Saturday Night Live's Pete Davidson | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Pete, you better not screw this up!

5 Likes

“‘I Slept With Joey Ramone’—coming to Netflix. The film, authorized by Joey Ramone’s estate, is based on the memoir of the same name written by Ramone’s brother Mickey Leigh.”

I had heard of Joey’s brother’s book but forgot what it was called so when I started reading this sentence I assumed the memoir was written by someone who, you know, “slept” with Joey Ramone and then I got to the end of the sentence and my brain was like “Wha? OH…he shared a bed with him growing up…”

2 Likes

Well now he will.

2 Likes

He’s probably doing it right now.

I’m quite surprised that Tilda Swinton didn’t get the role.

1 Like

Once did a gig for a ‘couple of US guys’ who tried to extend their careers by doing reality music shows here in Australia. Their song that I had to design the light show look for (actually liked the song) had a 60’s kinda vibe… I pitched a Grateful Dead ‘psychedelic’ feel and some knucklehead from whichever major music company jumped in and cut off the idea as they "owned the rights to Gerry Garcia’s estate’, “You can’t do that”… WTF!

I was wanting to creatively use a “feel” from the 60’s zeitgeist and some IP lawyer saw this as impinging on the estate they were protecting!!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.