Interesting fact: Joey Ramone was born with a parasitic twin growing out of his back

Originally published at: Interesting fact: Joey Ramone was born with a parasitic twin growing out of his back | Boing Boing

10 Likes

17 Likes

That’s so on-brand.

20 Likes

so, punk from birth, you might say.

13 Likes

Why is that not surprising?

4 Likes

My wife was at a show once (this was likely late 80s) and Joey held up a $50 bill and asked for a volunteer to kiss him.

She said it was “worth the $50, but gross.”

I’ll have to ask her if she noticed anything during their short embrace.

8 Likes

A parasitic twin is NOT the same thing as a teratoma.

5 Likes

yeah –– I think I saw that X-Files episode too.

5 Likes

parasitic twin growing out of his back

I’d expect no less, but demand so much more.

6 Likes

I was assuming it meant Johnny…

4 Likes

I think I speak for all when I say that the less I know about this, the better.

3 Likes

wonder what the psychological effects that might have on a person. seemed like a chill dude

3 Likes

ReBoing

/s

4 Likes

I’m hoping that the Linda Lindas cover some Ramones’ tracks. Eloise Wong (2nd from the left) has got the Joey hair cut; and their punk vibe is a lot of fun.

4 Likes

Open your mind…

total recall Kuato GIF

5 Likes

He was hardcore OCD among other things.

2 Likes

Interesting. Did he ever count 1-8 to kick off a show, then have the band do it over and over again?

2 Likes

Put another way, his ill-fated sibling was born with a parasitic Joey Ramone on his back.

8 Likes

I just think it’s cool that in the 80s I DEFINITELY DID NOT do speed for the first time in a radio station bathroom with somebody that had a parasitic twin at one point in their life.

9 Likes

Dunno about that, but I do know he would go right back to his front porch and start over if he’d forgotten to count the number of steps he took to reach the tour van/bus.

He also had to count the pickets in their fence before he left.

He wore those gloves all the time b/c germophobic.

(Noel Fielding’s Luxury Comedy voice)Poor Joey Ramone.(/Noel Fielding’s Luxury Comedy voice)

6 Likes