Watch the previously unreleased music video for The Ramones' "She's the One"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/21/watch-the-previously-unrelease.html

7 Likes

if you don’t like the ramones, then you don’t like rock n roll and if you don’t like rock n roll, i don’t like YOU

5 Likes

This is pretty, for the Ramones. I bet somebody was really in love!

3 Likes

Thank you very much for posting this!
I love the Ramones, so that was a nice treat for me.

3 Likes

Will someone please tell Dee Dee that his mic isn’t on?

3 Likes

I find Joey’s legs mesmerizing.

3 Likes

I wish I could experience the confusion and shock and thrill of how kids in 1975 must’ve felt when they first heard the Ramones.

1 Like

Tough but fair. Salud!

1 Like

Must have been confusing and thrilling and bizarre. Glad someone had the foresight to record this:

2 Likes

No I finally get it… the hair goes inside the glasses.
If only I still had some.

2 Likes

I remember being very confused by the Sex Pistols over here in Blighty.

Looking back that though, it was only rock ‘n’ roll, and I like it.

2 Likes

Not only nice but sounds like its been remastered well. Its hard to go back to Ramones albums because they were all mastered in a very “tame” 70s way. The Ramones were LOUD and meant to be heard that way.

3 Likes

A friend told me about seeing them open for Iggy Pop in about 75-76. He’d never heard of them and thought they sounded like complete trash, but noticed that there was a thin line of the coolest looking kids jammed up against the stage completely enthralled and decided he’d better pay attention.

There’s also this comic book (or should I say graphic novel)!

Google translated blurb:

Halfway through the years’ 7o. Four street schists shake up the sleepy pop music with lightning-fast songs of unprecedented intensity. The comic tells their story from the point of view of Dee Dee Ramone, bassist and principal songwriter of the band who inspired his own experiences for his lyrics about drugs, fear, despair, war and prostitution. As a child of an American father and German mother, he became acquainted with alcoholism and domestic violence at a young age. During his puberty in Berlin he was initiated into drugs and rock ‘n’ roll. And later in high school in New York, he met his future Ramones brothers Joey, Johnny and Tommy, who, like him, were adrift in the big city. The original band members are no longer among us, but The Ramones live on with their unmistakable look and their passionate music. This album brings a contagious homage to the Ramones family and the punk rock movement without falling into caricatures. Éric Cartier, an underground artist who has experienced the Ramones years in New York, knows the punk world like no other. His vital drawings with which he exposes the dark side of this ‘no future’ period, is the same as the texts of Xavier Bétaucourt and Bruno Cadène, who are as concise and to the point as a Ramones song.

1 Like

I saw the Huskers play a great set and get a confused reception by the scenesters.
Maybe because they were 2/3 a little fat.

Just goes to show.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.