John Oliver is back and he's got 24 golden minutes on Trump's pathological lies

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/13/john-oliver-is-back-and-hes.html

5 Likes

So how. Convince people that trump isn’t brilliant and it wasn’t simply having a massive head start due to daddy’s money and the influence that buys along with the sick fascination of a train wreck?

2 Likes

Preaching to the choir as usual?

5 Likes

49 Likes

John Oliver has surprisingly well done presentations that are both informative and entertaining.

25 Likes

And you just directly proved that you didn’t bother watching the whole video (if any of it) before commenting. Sad!

14 Likes

Note that the Alex Jones Sandy Hook Truther clip was so repulsive that the audience couldnt even boo at it.

6 Likes

The communists had the term “useful fool”. I see it more relevant than ever. :frowning:

4 Likes

Damn, I nearly pissed myself at the end… :smiley:

(Edit: …and a fair number of you happy mutants know that I do have a catheter, which says something about how hard I was laughing…)

15 Likes

Sliding infomercials directly aimed at Trump into tv programming is brilliant.

14 Likes

This was entertaining, but I I think he’s really on to something here in general. Some sort of counter psy-ops. TV commercials are perfect.

2 Likes

At 11:48 in…just look at it!

24 Likes

The cable ads with facts are the same smug style as his show. Something tells me that’s not going to work as expected.

1 Like

Work how?

You think he’s really trying to educate Trump?

8 Likes

Same as before: preaching to the choir

1 Like

Agreed. All this smug ‘look at you for believing this shit’ act is going to do is make them circle harder. Back perceived threat with what they see as actual attacks and they have a closed mind to any information you may have.

We need a better approach. That is not to say Mr Oliver is not needed. He is someone that does wonderfully to educate anyone that vaguely knows but has few detail. He is great for energizing the crowd that is weary and tired. He managed to provoke us all into raiding the FCC’s comment section.

1 Like

And just to really zing Trump, he was clearly holding that phone in the wrong direction. The thin part’s supposed to be in front of the mouth. Only a real fool would hold it the other way…

:smiling_imp:

4 Likes

It’s a center-left topical comedy. I wouldn’t expect much else.

I think it’s a lot better when it goes in depth into subjects. Slagging off Trump is like shooting fish in a barrel.

5 Likes

I doubt that anyone expects any kind of reasonable info to actually permeate whatever is under that shit weasel perched on top of his head.

7 Likes

Back to here maybe

1 Like