John Oliver on Trump's love affair with far-right news network, OAN

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/06/john-oliver-on-trumps-love-a.html

10 Likes

Fascists gonna be Fascist

14 Likes

"This completes the merger between Russian state-sponsored propaganda and American conservative media.”

17 Likes

OAN = Nazi

tumblr_0554cc426d4ebfe570e21258d9281cd7_c5a7fd98_540

15 Likes

Kudos for including Backpfeifengesicht.

9 Likes

You know, I think they started playing that shit on the KC market. Oddly, unless I was listening to the wrong show, it seems rather left leaning in a lot of the commentary, and there were several times I heard black rights/voices as the topics of the day. Granted I’d listen for 10 min snippets on the way home from work, and when I heard “Sputnik Radio”, I was like, wait, wut?

I don’t think that station plays it at 6pm any more. But unless I was listening to a different show, it didn’t have the right wing bent I expected. It seemed sort of subversive left?

I may be totally off on this.

Googling it I can’t confirm or refute as I can’t find a snippet of the voices I heard.

1 Like

I wish the rest of the press corps would do the Chinese eye roll whenever he picks OAN to ask a question.

4 Likes

I misheard John, he said:

Trump has made no secret…

I heard:

Chompers made no secret…

Now I really want to know the back-story as to why John offhandedly gave Trump that nick-name.

1 Like

Looking at the wikipedia article, it looks like it tries to appeal to different groups at different times of the day and week. The one common theme I can spot is that they tend to lean authoritarian, as lib-socs and an-coms are very vocal about their dislike of the Russian government (or any kind of government that isn’t directly run by the people)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.