John Oliver's got a few choice words for FOX News

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/10/29/john-olivers-got-a-few-choic.html

4 Likes

tumblr_pghqu3dNj31ujinhho1_400

27 Likes

7314c7bbc131d95566623f14dda60a6eebddb99c

12 Likes

I believe these operations were conducted by deep cover Republican agents with the purpose of creating violent criminal scenarios that could be interpreted as Democrat false flag operations.

20 Likes

Remember the 70s, when the most convenient thing for unstable people to latch onto before Trump was UFOs?

14 Likes

Fake news! The Democrats did it - all of them! They just wanted to make it look like the Republicans were trying to make the Democrats look bad by… wait, where was I again?

3 Likes

I like John Oliver but ugh, I just can’t laugh about this shit.

11 Likes

The Double-False-Flag?

The Triple-False-Flag!?!

4 Likes

Fox News really has created their own alternate reality. Or I guess “alternative to reality.”

2 Likes

4D-chessmastery!

1 Like

… is that too harsh? I just don’t know anymore.

7 Likes

And this is soooooo off topic, but I went looking for the L&O “bong bong” theme, and found this gem;

15 Likes

So much better than the actual intro. I’ve been going through the trek archive on netflix for the last several months, and ye gods those intros waste nearly two minutes of broadcast time. Luckily there’s the skip intro button, a lifesaver.

5 Likes

Cheap time filler and what alternative did you have except setting your VCR? Modern media brings a whole new meaning to “pro choice”. DS9 was uneven, but when it was good it was the best ST.

Knew as soon as the suspect appeared to be a big Trump guy that the false flag theory would be out there. Still pretty shocked at the extent to which Fox gave it credence. In left land we sure like to make fun of it but there are a lot of TVs out there, in private and public places like bars and restaurants and miscellaneous waiting rooms tuned in to Fox news 24/7, and lots of people who take it for an authority without question at all which is scary.

The Fox News business plan:

1. Make wild claim that only makes sense while the evidence is incomplete
  2. Wait a few days for the investigation to work itself out with a sensible outcome
  3. Retract the wild claim in a far less public way than it was originally made
  4. Continue to profit!

As much as I’d like to see Fox News HQ burned to the ground with all it’s staff locked inside, they’ve figured out what ain’t broke and they aren’t fixing it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.