'John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum' opens today

So… Prancercise, but with guns?

prancercise

4 Likes

Budget version:
giphy%20(43)

8 Likes

This is the straight to gas station DVD bin version of John Wick. Still looks pretty exciting.

3 Likes

Spoilers:

Fights were fun. Iron Chef USA guy was fun. Hated the ending. I thought it was supposed to be the last one. While Halle Berry’s character was ok and using the dogs was a good way to mix things up, I felt like going to Casablanca and back was a little pointless.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Halle Berry walks away from cats and befriends dogs with a marked improvement. My favorite of the series so far.

2 Likes

No, but as the Ghost of King Hamlet, she looks like she should kill a Klingon or two.

7 Likes

6zbkNkb

Anyway, good luck and

I watched an episode the other day and he didn’t say his catchphrase. No shootouts, just antiques.
I hope he gets his mojo back for this.

3 Likes

Saw it today. Didn’t have the pull of the first one, but was still pretty good. The Administration feels like it could be a appropriate for a TV spin off. I like the whole “gigantic bureaucracy that handles something you wouldn’t expect” thing, plus the retro-futurism of it.

I think the first one is a tighter story, but this third one is still a hell of a ride. There is one particular action/fight scene in the last one that i think beats anything in the previous movies. Also from what i’ve read Keanu doesn’t like doing sequels if he can avoid it, so he must be having a lot of fun filming these John Wick movies… and honestly it shows. The movie is fun to watch and i can tell he’s into it.

Honestly, I get the feeling that everyone involved likes what they’re doing in this series. No one is phoning it in. The fight choreography is solid. It just didn’t really bring anything new, except the vague hints of a grand history to the High Table and various tribes. Cinematography was gorgeous, though, and the sets were amazing.

Lance Reddick’s voice has been nagging at me, since I’ve never seen anything else he’s in, but I finally placed him: Zevala in Destiny. Dude was born in Baltimore, but I could swear he has an accent. He sounds a little South African to me.

2 Likes

It does sound like he’s putting on a bit of a sophisticated affectation to his delivery (considering his potion at The Continental). It’s just subtle enough that to me it doesn’t sound like he’s trying to imitate an accent, had no idea he’s from Baltimore so that’s a neat thing to find out. I don’t know him from anything else besides the John Wick movies but he’s excellent and certainly hope these movies give him more role opportunities.

While he has far fewer things to say, I enjoy Charon far more than Zavala.

2 Likes

Get thee to a streaming site and watch The Wire, where he put in an Emmy-worthy performance.

2 Likes

Not sure The Wire is up my alley but he’s definitely awesome in this last movie, though he’d been consistently great in the previous ones too.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.