The final trailer for "John Wick 4" looks fantastic

Originally published at: The final trailer for "John Wick 4" looks fantastic | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Could be worse than shooting his dog.

5 Likes

I don’t get it. It seems like pointless choreographed violence
rapidfire

1 Like
3 Likes

Well, the first two had a certain unusual elegance. The third one was just very shooty-blasty, possibly due to the departure of one of the creative minds. So I have low expectations.

ETA:

14 Likes

Ah, that explains why I didn’t enjoy the third one much. Loved the first one, and thought the second was decent enough.

1 Like

doctor who GIF

But it has Keanu Reeves…

4 Likes

Hmm, the reel-to-reel and DJ are a straight callback to The Warriors:

Another set of protagonists just trying to fight their way home.

3 Likes

And Donnie Yen!!!

6 Likes

Jeepers. Anyone who has ever been in a car accident might want to steer clear of this one.

2 Likes

Indeed, it appears that John Wick’s Tesla-Fu is strong in this one.

1 Like

I didn’t see the first two and only saw the third. It was downright terrible. Absolute waste of time and money and people. Nothing at all of interest in it. If I want to watch a Twitch stream of an fps … well I won’t ever want to watch a stream of an FPS but I could and it wouldn’t be as wasted as this.

This is the skidmark of video games. Just play a real game or watch a real movie or touch grass.

ETA I watched it as I had heard good things. From what you say I may now watch the first without assuming the world liking them was a consensual hallucination based on marketing and Keanu being very likeable.

2 Likes

seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

2 Likes

The first is more grounded, and there’s more pathos to build the character around. The second is a direct “this is what happens next” from the first, so it still works, though it’s starting to stretch things a bit. The third is just, as you said, gratuitous “pew pew pew.”

4 Likes

That’s what it is. And sometimes, you want to turn your brain off and watch exactly that for a little and then go back to reality.

1 Like

And Ian McShane. For some reason I like watching him work his sleazy, smarmy charm.

1 Like

With adorable puppers

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.