Jon Hamm is your new Fletch

Originally published at: Jon Hamm is your new Fletch | Boing Boing

6 Likes

10 Likes

Did we watch the same trailer? My reaction is Hamm was trying too hard and the role was badly miscast.

6 Likes

With the opening sequence I thought we were watching a Mad Men reboot. Sterling Draper Investigators.

3 Likes

John Slattery and Jon Hamm being scene partners is always a good thing. I didn’t catch any Fletch disguises, though.

What really worries me, of course, is that there are no giant spiders appearing in the trailer.

4 Likes

Spoilers!

He was good as a guest on 30Rock.

4 Likes

Even more soulless nostalgia mining:

9 Likes

Im fine with this until i see the film.

Fletch, and Fletch Lives are two of my favorite movies.

Im reserving judgment. Im not known for this action.

2 Likes

Also, Broad City

1 Like

But in fairness, during the original Fletch it was impossible to suspend disbelief as well: it was just Chevy Chase chevy-chasing like no tomorrow, inside of a tissue-thin plot.

4 Likes

Jon Hamm is pretty funny and always easy on the eyes. I would be honored to lend him my towel if his car hit a water buffalo.

2 Likes

yeah, I’m unconvinced, but it’s hard to tell as the role is so entwined with Chevy Chase’s persona.

I’ll probably watch this, when it comes on streaming…

Incidentally the story of the abandoned Kevin Smith Fletch movie is pretty interesting (though not as interesting as his abandoned Superman flick).

As someone who read the books before the Chevy Chase movies came out, I can tell you those movies were not very good. Perfect vehicle for Chase, yes, but disappointing adaptation of the source material.

4 Likes

The trailer only got one thing right…

There is only one Fletch.

I really believe all the movie plots have been made and movie making people got nothin’.

It’s like when Ford introduces the Maverick. Just get a new name or movie idea.

I do like Roy Wood Jr. though.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.