Trailer for Netflix's animated He-Man reboot

Originally published at: Trailer for Netflix's animated He-Man reboot | Boing Boing

4 Likes

he-man GIF

Edit: My thoughts on the trailer is that it looks ok but it’s just not something that is grabbing my interest. It’s not for me and i’m ok with that, i have other things to watch anyway. Lately i’ve been binging lots of anime

16 Likes

Still with the fur underwear. I was not a fan of He-Man as a kid and I always thought the fur underwear was a bad look.

7 Likes

I thought I recognized Skeletor’s voice: none other but the GOAT Mark Hamill!

16 Likes

Hamill could really put his talents to use by giving Skeletor a more realistic voice characterization this time around.

Skeletor: “I’ll get you this tihne, He-Nan! Your howers are hathetic conhared to…”
He-Man: (Snickering) “Wait, who’s He-Nan?”
Skeletor: “Dannit you asshole! You know dahn well I don’t hah any lihs!”

19 Likes

I was never much of a fan of the show, but as a kid I did enjoy cackling out the on-the-nose name of the nose-less villain.

4 Likes

Pedantic point - its not a re-boot, but a continuation of the original series.

I dig the original costume styles and colors. Hopefully it will have better writing than the last two Transformers offerings from Netflix. I got engaged because it is supposed to end up with G1 style robots - but I didn’t think it would take this long to see them, and thus far not impressed with the story. And annoyed at the lack of vocoder voices for Soundwave.

If you want a reboot, wait a bit longer, as there is another series where He-Man is all modernized, with a slicked up look coming out a little later. This one is geared at kids with toy offerings

3 Likes

don’t knock it 'til you’ve tried it!

(i’m kidding, don’t try it.)

8 Likes

Should have used a deconstructed arrangement of 4NB’s “What’s Up” IMO

2 Likes

… is this the Kevin Smith directed one?

1 Like

Above tweet from one of the directors at Powerhouse, the studio that animates the show.

13 Likes

at this point, we might as well just bring back the cold war, satanic panic, and tony basil, too.

7 Likes

Yes it is.

2 Likes

What is wrong with Tony Basil?

3 Likes

Putin and Qanon already saw to that.

12 Likes

Just…stop it. And cut it out with the female leads, too.

6 Likes

Nope, can’t be Heman without the pageboy haircut.

5 Likes

Something really wrong with that photo.

4 Likes

LiIterally nothing! She’s fucking awesome…

Other than she’s sadly been boiled down to the one hit she had instead of her incredibly career as a dancer and choreographer… some of her directing work…

But back on topic, the backlash against Smith’s reboot (I think he’s more properly called teh “show runner” rather than director?) has already begun as some idiots think it’s “too woke”… I’ll let you do a google search for that, as I see no reason to give that trash hits. It’s a website called cosmic.news, I think. It’s putting out possible wrong “spoilers” about the plot of the series…

12 Likes

He-Man has 18-pack abs. Bordering on grotesque and unappealing animation.

3 Likes