Trailer for Netflix's animated He-Man reboot

I agree. I learned more about her career past the song in Todd in the Shadow’s coverage of her one hit wonder.

I’ve come to accept the fact than unless it is late 1800s, early 1900s “cut a guy in half with an axe, and then drag the women by the hair back to the cave” level of story (e.g. Howard’s Conan) , some loud faction of fans are going to piss and moan about being it somehow being “woke”. The Si Spurrier run on The Shadow comic (vol 3) by Dynamite had the same backlash.

Seriously - raunchy stoner Kevin Smith who has had some fairly cringy jokes that push the edge of good taste is suddenly seen as “woke”? LOL

They live to do nothing more than bitch about anything that is different or new or diverse. Fuck them. They need a new hobby - like pulling their heads out of their asses. I call them out if they are on a specific fan page I’m on, but don’t have the spoons to care/deal with the multitudes of morons. :confused:

7 Likes

I love Smith. He does have some questionable content, but he also tends to make the women in his movies the sane, rational people putting up with the idiot men. I suspect it’s how he sees himself vis-a-vis his wife and daughter.

10 Likes

I had totally forgotten that as a child, one of my He-Man toys was a ridiculous plastic vehicle with a button which would swing an outrageously large spherical boulder like a catapult which never properly released the payload. Seeing a flash of that rendered in the trailer was like a “Mia Wallace” of nostalgia and I will absolutely check this out when it becomes available. The attention to detail of the art is great and seeing it portrayed “seriously” in much higher quality actually has me pumped!

Google searching “He Man boulder car” accurately pointed me to what I now know is called the “Bashasaurus”. LOL!

4 Likes

Wake & Bake on a Saturday morning, then I’m in 110%!

7 Likes

H09E

5 Likes

It never made sense as a garment. I don’t know what the temp is there, but it looks nordic. Fur is warm and breaths well. BUT he’s also shirtless. And that can’t be easy to clean…

4 Likes

I dunno about this. It always seemed to me Skeletor had a better claim to Castle Grayskull then Prince Adam and King Randor.

7 Likes

I know! I can’t stop looking at the lens flare on his shield and wondering why the other lighting effects don’t match.

That’s what you were talking about, right?

2 Likes

So, freed from the tyranny of toy moulds, Prince Adam no longer needs to have exactly the same build as He-Man; which is, I think, kind of a shame. The old Prince Adam was a buff as He-Man, and yet exhibited a different kind of manliness.

5 Likes

“You don’t 'ave the spoons.” would make a great line of tough-guy dialogue.

Er… Dude… That’s not underwear.

8 Likes

The idea of this charming fool prince having a physique impossible without spending hours in the gym every day, given that he is otherwise completely sedentary and averse to risky activities. And yet…

Subtext is best when it is not only unintended but an externality of things outside-the-world (like toy mold economics)

4 Likes

I’m getting a real, “Fist of the North Star” vibe from the new He-Man; though without the edgy 80’s haircut.

3 Likes

I see He-Man still isn’t being drug-tested despite obvious HGH and Turinabol abuse.

Oh, he’ll say it’s just creatine but we know better.

2 Likes

You’re not my real Dad!

4 Likes

We’ve already got 2 out of 3. Maybe Tony Basil is what we need to bring some “balance to the force” restore a little sanity? :grin:

2 Likes

Ah, damn, I’m cryin… xD

2 Likes

Prity sure i still have most of my old 80 heman stuff in my parents basement, / garages, think i had every single heman toy going, i remember playingwith them all and the “He-Man” splash and morco, but never remember getting them, thou think i got the lot one crimbo.

I will def watch it for the nostalgia value, and your prob right, there is no where to go with him, it really is just aimed at me! Thou as gay man if you want to give him a gay love interest i could live with that ROLF, thou dont think many others could!

I tried with those. I barely got through the first season/series, but I gave up after episode 2 of the second. Glad I’m not alone in my feelings about it. It all just makes me want to go back to the More Than Meets the Eye comic from IDW and do yet another replay of Transformers: Devastation to find more enjoyable stories about Transformers in space or have a focus on G1 bots.

My brother shared those potential spoilers with me months ago. Even if true, so what? We don’t need the same series over and over again, and we certainty shouldn’t knock ideas before seeing how they’re pulled off. But the regressive crowd certainly doesn’t care about execution as much as they care about sitting in one spot forever, perpetually spinning with their thumbs up their bums

2 Likes

Bill Hader Snl GIF

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.