Jon Stewart doesn't tolerate Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge's falsehoods about gender-affirming care

I’m sorry, are you saying that the reason why Franken got kicked out of the senate was not his OWN actions, but because Feinstein has alzheimers? He did some shitty things, and was at least man enough to accept the consequences of his actions. I actually wish MORE men would do that. But she her having alzheimer’s had fuck all to do with that.

5 Likes

No, I said nothing about why he left the Senate, just that he didn’t get elected until not terribly long ago, so Dianne Feinstein definitely would have had Alzheimer’s at the time.

As for Franken, I’m glad he’s gone, don’t want him to come back, and am somewhat shocked that people are still paying attention to him in the 2020s. If I were in control, he would be straight up retconned from public consciousness, but sadly I am not.

That doesn’t mean I don’t think it’s extremely rich that someone who maintains an extreme position of power solely because of name recognition and a dysfunctional political system should say that an entire profession is unintelligent. If there’s ever seen entire profession that’s unintelligent, it’s hers, and her still being in office proves my case.

4 Likes

I watched the whole episode when it came out. The entire episode was really good and I was brought to tears a few times throughout. The whole interview was excellent; Jon challenged all of her BS and didn’t let up. I wish journalists would take notes and I can now almost forgive the Rally to Restore Sanity. It meant so much to have a media figure of his stature come out swinging in defense of trans people.

9 Likes

Is there anywhere to see the show other than on youtube clips and on Apple TV (which I don’t have)…

2 Likes

I think the full episode is available for free.

6 Likes

Thanks!

5 Likes

You’re welcome.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.