Jordan Klepper can’t help but laugh at this 'Stop the Steal' cultist

Originally published at: Jordan Klepper can't help but laugh at this 'Stop the Steal' cultist | Boing Boing

7 Likes

so really, he didn’t escape from the cult, he just is back to sleeping in his bed now. good to know.

13 Likes

If he wants to go a much happier place I’d suggest Russia. There he can worship a strongman leader and trust that every landslide election is a totally fair one.

I’m so tired of these morons.

25 Likes

23 Likes

the-office-so-close-jim-halpert

7 Likes

WAT. Is he actually saying that, or is he saying, “this is what someone in a cult would say”? Or is there no difference for him?

8 Likes

So he just described how he “went from rally to rally for three months”, and yet Trumpers try to argue that because Trump’s rallies were better attended than Biden’s this is proof Trump was more popular.

Apparently Trump rallies are like Grateful Dead concerts where half the people in the audience have been to almost all the shows-- they’re on the road following the band everywhere. Potemkin Rallies.

19 Likes

things-that-make-you-go-bluh-ron-white

13 Likes

The term PTSD gets thrown around too easily. Boo hoo pal, grow up.

7 Likes

Yeah I caught that too. My take is he is aware enough that he knows he is being played but not (yet) able to fully break away from the view. Sort of like a kidnap victim saying, “I know its just stockholm syndrome, but these guys are really ok.” Though really we dont have enough information to know. People are weird.

7 Likes

He seemed to have a degree of self-awareness…
At first.

It was already stuck up there; he merely displayed his own self-decepton.

True.
He just stopped going on the road & sleeping in his car so much.
He still talks like a cultist… like too many others, he is gut-hooked by The Big Lie.

5 Likes

Indeed. I make a point of keeping a healthy distance from anyone who self diagnoses with ‘PTSD’. Translation: I’m a fucking whiny toddler and you should feel sorry for me lol.

1 Like

PTSD is a very real and quite debilitating disorder. But this dude has no idea what he’s talking about. I don’t know about anyone else who self-diagnoses and would show caution when someone claims to have it, but I get what you’re saying.

1 Like

What’s the big deal? Dude realizes that “Stop the Steal” took over his life and he was like a cultist. But his faith hasn’t changed. This happens often to religious zealots: they dial it back a notch, but remain True Believers.

Of course it is. I was agreeing with you.

2 Likes

People will do it to themselves.

4 Likes

Cultists gonna cult.

We should just teach kids about cults when they’re 8 or 9: how to recognize them, why they’re bad …let them do a dumbed down version of the Stanford Prison Experiment or whatever …

Just avoid anyone whose outfit is directly proportional to the extraordinariness of their claims.

2 Likes

Right? This tiny video needs better editing. I can’t tell here what this dude is actually trying to say about himself. :person_shrugging:

3 Likes

He still needs the eggs.

3 Likes

Relevant Abraham Lincoln quote:

As a nation, we began by declaring that ‘all men are created equal.’ We now practically read it ‘all men are created equal, except negroes.’ When the Know-Nothings get control, it will read ‘all men are created equal, except negroes, and foreigners, and Catholics.’ When it comes to this I should prefer emigrating to some country where they make no pretense of loving liberty – to Russia, for instance, where despotism can be taken pure, and without the base alloy of hypocrisy.

4 Likes