Jordan Peele's hosting his Twilight Zone reboot and I am so there for it

They know that if they get the rest of the world excited before they make it accessible to them (in a way they can pay for) they will all go and download it, right?

I don’t understand stuff like this, they are so afraid of doing things in a new way that they are willing to just miss out the majority of the world as potential customers.

Force a customer to torrent once and he can avoid paying for stuff he doesn’t feel is worth your bloated pricing scheme for the rest of his life!

2 Likes

i think it’s a great idea…BUT…there’s no reason to revive “twilight zone”. why don’t they call it “black mirror”?

2 Likes

:thinking:

3 Likes

Me too. I list Rod Serling and Mr. Rogers as some of the most important male role models in my development as a human being.

(edit) Yes, I live in a neighborhood bordering the pit of man’s fears, and the summit of his knowledge. E.g. every day I come home and change into a pair of a dead man’s shoes.

I remember that one with the Grateful Dead composed soundtrack. That was pretty interesting as iirc (and I probably don’t at all) a few of the plot lines were Philip K. Dick storylines.

No hate. Just an aside. Glasses lenses used to be made out of actual glass, and not Gorilla glass either. In the 70’s, I lost several lenses from my ridiculously large RayBan aviators when the lenses would fall out and land on sidewalks. The lenses were way too big and heavy to be reliably held in by that little wire. Plastic is a BIG step up in terms of durability. To me, Meredith’s tragedy, given his very thick lenses, is all too real.

4 Likes

8 Likes

With Peele hosting, I willing to get my hopes up.

I wonder if they’ll use the original theme song by The Manhattan Transfer?

1 Like

Though it’s not called ‘The Twilight Zone,’ there’s already a great, often hilarious, update of the Twilight Zone idea called ‘Bobcat Goldthwait’s Misfits and Monsters.’

Yes.

1 Like

Oopsie!

1 Like

I think I indicated that I’m old. Pretty sure my first glasses were… glass. Goddam heavy things as I was so nearsighted as to be practically legally blind.220/20 I think. Possibly, this was why they weren’t so fragile. Funny story. I didn’t get glasses until 2cd grade. Had an eye test in first grade. Well, it was a TEST. I wanted to excel in all tests. So I put one hand over one eye and squinted really hard. I was right next to the eye chart, but still… I memorized the damned thing. I figured out that I’d screwed up by next year. I was absolutely ecstatic to have glasses I CAN SEE!!! I CAN SEE!!!

2 Likes

Old guy here, as well. I got my first glasses in 3rd grade. They made my face hurt, they were so heavy. I can see from about 8 inches away to just at arm’s length. After that, the world is a blur. I feel you bro.

3 Likes

Must. Know. Which.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.