Journalists receive forged lawsuit docs hoaxing a nonexistent sexual harassment suit against Chuck Schumer

See, now THIS is “fake news”. . . news about a ‘fake.’

1 Like

I’m worried about this too. Still, I think the best response is to continue to be victim-focused.

The democrats are going through a very painful process of confronting the abusers among them while the republicans are burying their heads in the sand. Meanwhile republican-aligned actors are trying to go after more democrats because they see believing victims as a weakness that can be exploited.

But I don’t think believing victims is a weakness, and I think the long term consequences of the strategy is that republicans are seen by more and more people as the party of sexual predators. People who think this can be exploited are short sighted.

Of course sometimes the short term is what really matters. But if there are elections in 2032, I think this is strategy of trying to muddy the waters is going to have been a terrible, terrible idea by then.

3 Likes

Like Lee J. Cobb in 12 Angry Men.

4 Likes

And also “why won’t the FBI investigate?”

5 Likes

Cobb is an example of the bigot who crumbles into self-reckoning and humility.

It’d be a nice world if that were the only way a bigot could crumble.

4 Likes

Like others my first guess is O’Keefe, the fact that it has such obvious, lazy errors certainly sounds like his modus operandi. But then I thought: anyone could pwn Mike “Pizzagate” Cernovich, someone on the left could give it to these doofuses knowing full well they would be stupid enough to pass it off as legit, using O’Keefe’s tactics against Cernovich. The WaPo, CNN and others got the document the same time as Cernovich, but he and Johnson were the only ones to fall for it. As we saw with O’Keefe’s last prank, the librul media aren’t idiots, they investigate stuff-- Christ, all they had to do was ask Chuck Schumer and the supposed victim.

Obviously he wanted to spring it as a surprise, the idiot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.