Journalists told to stop stealing Air Force One pillowcases and plates

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/01/journalists-told-to-stop-stealing-air-force-one-pillowcases-and-plates.html

3 Likes

Never mind the press corps, they had Trump and his people aboard for four years.

I think they should take an inventory of the seats and maybe the engines.

13 Likes

my stepdad (and very good friend) was an electrical engineer for Boeing. not sure the specifics, but he was aboard AF1 during Raygun’s time and had a ceramic coffee mug from the plane’s service. dark blue with gold rim and presidential seal.
he worked in BMAC and was engineer on EMP hardening strategic aircraft like AWACs. may have something to do with his flight.

5 Likes

Somewhere, I have a box of matches from Air Force One. Maybe from the Bush era? A relative was press for several presidential cycles.

3 Likes

Matches??? Must be 41 and not 43…

2 Likes

I think so. Started with Reagan, I think left the gig in Clinton years.

I would 100% steal everything in sight.

5 Likes

Hey, our tax dollars paid for that stuff-it might as well live at my house as the White House of the skies.

2 Likes

Why does the president need gold-rimmed plates? Are they better for anything?

1 Like

Sure - stealing!

10 Likes

Light shows in a microwave?

3 Likes

They make it easier to tell where the boundary of the plate is in low-light conditions.

1 Like

yup! stepdad’s mug taught me that!

journalists are tacky

I’m reading a book on pre war Japan. Apparently for imperial dinners with certain groups of people, the menu was routinely adjusted to be less lavish. To make up for all the silverware which was expected to be swiped.
Serve journalists only Folgers coffee?

Not allowed. Eighth Amendment. “Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.” My emphasis.

Hmm, I’m familiar with a former Air Force One pilot, one who met or flew seven Presidents, on Quora. I might have to ask him if this is a recent phenomenon or if it’s been a problem for decades.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.