New York Times, CNN and other media barred from White House press event

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/02/24/new-york-times-cnn-and-other.html

10 Likes

Seriously all you people who thought hey he doesn’t really mean all that stuff… FUCK YOU!

63 Likes

But as trump says, they’re all liars . . .

Maybe they’re lying about being barred ?

NOTTTTT

12 Likes
57 Likes

24 posts were split to a new topic: Obama, voting, primaries, and other dead horses

This is an exciting new strategy: prevent “fake news” by preventing news sources from reporting!

Gonna need some popcorn here.

ETA: I was such a naive kid the first time I saw this I thought the joke was that Tommy Chong just really liked popcorn.

11 Likes

Into the black

42 Likes

Usually folks who act this way are afraid of being seen how impotent they can be

31 Likes

The hopeful day-dreamer in me is picturing those reporters standing outside the briefing room, giving each other meaningful looks, nodding once – ever so slightly – and getting out their phones to make the call that will release the Kraken.

Sorry . . . release the tax returns.

37 Likes

It’s OK.
It’s just another of their steps towards turning the country into an ethnically pure, 3rd world nation.

20 Likes

I never really thought of Buzzfeed as a respectable news organization before, but perhaps it’s time I take another look.

29 Likes

Buzzfeed News is actually surprisingly good.

15 Likes

18 posts were merged into an existing topic: I see Rob Ford

I would say we are between orange and red, honestly. It’s bad, but it’s not as bad as other places quite yet. However, it could easily slip down to between red and black if we’re not careful and push back against this sort of thing.

24 Likes

That should actually be a required part of all press reports: Trump, who has yet to release his taxes,… Or maybe the first question at all pressers: When will Trump be releasing his taxes?

I can dream

16 Likes

i’m still pissed at them for making “listicles” a thing, but in this case i’m willing to back them up.

8 Likes

Isn’t that utterly bizarre to imagine. The same website that lets you take a quiz to figure out your future spouse based on your favorite food (or some shit) also has great news. The insanity of it is enough to drive one to drink… good thing it’s Friday.

28 Likes

Want access - play nice. They know the drill - happened during the Iraq war. Let’s see who starts censoring itself first this time.

7 Likes

Do you have a specific example in mind? I believe a ban against multiple organizations of that stature is pretty much unprecedented from the White House.

15 Likes
Oh my! That is quite toxic, isn't it?

Fricken Vortas.

9 Likes